Florida's E-Zpass / I-Pass toll question MCO

shitbow

Greetings.  Flying in from Illinois to MCO on Friday and hanging out around the area until our cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sunday.  I'll be renting a car.  In Illinois, we have an Ipass for tolls - which according to the Illinois I-pass website, works for the Florida Turnpike.  My question to you Floridians: are all toll rodes in Florida considered the Florida Turnpike?  Would be ideal if I could just bring my I-pass and not worry about change $ for unexpected tolls or having to rent out the Hertz E-Zpass.  Can anyone chime in?

All toll roads in the Orlando area either have SunPass lanes (part of the Florida Turnpike system) or E-PASS lanes (Central Florida Expressway Authority). Both systems are part of the EZPass system as is I-PASS. So yes, you can use your I-PASS everywhere in the Orlando area and pretty much anywhere in Florida.

• Like 2

Dunno about ipass but with Florida systems you can temporarily add the rental car tag# to the account which provides backup if the transponder is not read. A good idea. My sun pass even allows setting automatic delete for same information.

9 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Dunno about ipass but with Florida systems you can temporarily add the rental car tag# to the account which provides backup if the transponder is not read. A good idea. My sun pass even allows setting automatic delete for same information.

That's good to know. Thank you.

E-Z Pass didn't have that feature when I tried to do that a few years ago. "This plate number is currently registered to another account" or similar