Laundry service question

18 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Can anyone comment on the quality of the wet/dry clean vs laundry? We're on Venezia B2B in Sept so no option to do it ourselves 

They no longer offer dry cleaning. That's what we were told on Glory.

10 hours ago, staceyglow said:

What is wet/dry clean? 

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Look at the price sheet that was posted - it lists "wash and press" and "wet/dry cleaning" as options for having your clothes laundered.

8 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I still don't know what it is. 

Basically, it's dry cleaning without the chemicals.

What is Wet Cleaning?

The process of professional wet cleaning uses water-based solvents that are typically non-toxic and generally don’t include chemicals. While wet cleaning often takes more skill and equipment to wash clothes versus traditional dry cleaning, many clothes that can safely be “dry” cleaned can also be wet cleaned by a professional cleaner.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Basically, it's dry cleaning without the chemicals.

What is Wet Cleaning?

The process of professional wet cleaning uses water-based solvents that are typically non-toxic and generally don’t include chemicals. While wet cleaning often takes more skill and equipment to wash clothes versus traditional dry cleaning, many clothes that can safely be “dry” cleaned can also be wet cleaned by a professional cleaner.

Hm, never used that. I've read that Carnival laundry service is all hot water so maybe I should use that instead. It's available on Venezia.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

They no longer offer dry cleaning. That's what we were told on Glory.

See post #19 - the form shows "wet/dry cleaning" services with Venezia as one of the ships it's offered on. Glory is also on that list.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

See post #19 - the form shows "wet/dry cleaning" services with Venezia as one of the ships it's offered on. Glory is also on that list.

I am only reporting what I was told in April. I didn't ask either, filled out the form specifying dry cleaning for one article. He said it wasn't available. I've also never heard of a wet/dry clean process but he didn't offer that either. (So it was probably added sometime after April.)

• Like 1

i have always used the laundry perk with clothes that i dont mind if they fade or lose their brightness. i appreciate not having to wash everything. i will say that some of my items come back faded or just lose that brightness. its just straight forward cleaning and drying and fold. but when you fall and get muddy or get really sweaty, its appreciated. 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2023 at 7:11 AM, Envelope21 said:

We have some upcoming cruises booked on Luminosa. We were somewhat disappointed to find out it does not have a self-service laundry. As we will be on 3 cruises, back-to-back-to-back on her, we will be in need of getting some laundry done.

Does anyone know the price structure of having them do a load of laundry? Do they price each item separately? Do they have a day when there is a 'laundry special"? We are only at Gold level.

On most sailings they offer a laundry special  several days into the cruise where you can fill a bad for a reasonable flat rate

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We supply our own hangers to the laundry and ask that our clothes be washed but NOT DRIED and hung back on the hangers supplied. I usually save up dry cleaner hangers which are so thin and take up no room in the suitcase. We make sure to tip our steward extra for this service as well as ask him to give an additional tip to the laundry. We have always done this with no problems. Our clothes are normally returned in the evening.

Any small or delicate items I hand wash and lay on top of the refrigerator to dry, it is nice and warm on top and does the job.