Can Anyone Tell Me Where This Photo Was Taken?

mahdnc

I am guessing the British Virgin Islands, but I really don't know.  Celebrity's website is down (at least for me) and so I thought I would ask.

EEB0825D-C807-4BC6-BC12-246BEA446EFC.thumb.png.ef939c488c1f63d9d52c9a2efd8b3695.png

I remove the text, then used Google Lens to locate the photo,. It took me to the photo being used on a website:  thisislandlife.com and an article about Coachella Caribbean, a cruise ship heading to Bahamas and Jamaica. However, it does not state where the photo is taken. A link to S.S. Coachella on the book of faces shows photos on board Silhouette. They could have gotten the photo anywhere or Celebrity. Google Lens did not offer any other matches. Looks beautiful wherever it is. I hope you find out where it was taken. Good luck.

18 minutes ago, Swann5 said:

I remove the text, then used Google Lens to locate the photo,. It took me to the photo being used on a website:  thisislandlife.com and an article about Coachella Caribbean, a cruise ship heading to Bahamas and Jamaica. However, it does not state where the photo is taken. A link to S.S. Coachella on the book of faces shows photos on board Silhouette. They could have gotten the photo anywhere or Celebrity. Google Lens did not offer any other matches. Looks beautiful wherever it is. I hope you find out where it was taken. Good luck.

I think you may have skimmed over my post. The photo of the Silhouette was taken by a Michel Vedure in Tortola. You likely didn't find a match because he probably sold the rights to Celebrity.

Here's a link to a photo from the same shoot on his FB:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php/?fbid=2122667744524873&wtsid=rdr_0E56sOrr3FEbm03Bj

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Personally, I think this is a Photoshopped image---the ship was added to an island shot. Curious how all the images on his FB were posted during the shutdown.

He appears legit and is most likely working with cruise lines as an independent contractor.  My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is because of the shutdown, cruise lines were in crisis mode and were no longer paying for photoshoots so he was bored and was posting older photos...In this photo posted during the pandemic he did mention the 2010 date

image.thumb.png.4aeb41c78fca15d19efa5709205ac98a.png

• Thanks 1

I just love this shot. It's pre-Covid and was extensively used at the time of the then new S class vessels.

On the left you have St John of the USVI  (formerly the island of Skt Jan when the islands were Danish). On the right you'll find Frenchman's Cay and further ahead is Little Thatch and Great Thatch Island og the BVI.

I can't make out the actual Celebrity vessel, only that is not the Reflection as the sundeck does seem bi-level. 

Here's a range of these shots from different angles and the vessel seems to be in the correct angled for each shot, so I have always believed these to be actual photographs ... perhaps taken from a plane?

19 minutes ago, CruiserByHeart said:

I just love this shot. It's pre-Covid and was extensively used at the time of the then new S class vessels.

I like it, too.  It's hard to get mad at the message (website is down) when you look at the beautiful shot in the background.

33 minutes ago, CruiserByHeart said:

On the left you have St John of the USVI  (formerly the island of Skt Jan when the islands were Danish). On the right you'll find Frenchman's Cay and further ahead is Little Thatch and Great Thatch Island og the BVI.

I can't make out the actual Celebrity vessel, only that is not the Reflection as the sundeck does seem bi-level. 

Here's a range of these shots from different angles and the vessel seems to be in the correct angled for each shot, so I have always believed these to be actual photographs ... perhaps taken from a plane?

While skimming his page, he said in one Alaska photo he took it from a helicopter

2 hours ago, CruiserByHeart said:

On the left you have St John of the USVI  (formerly the island of Skt Jan when the islands were Danish). On the right you'll find Frenchman's Cay and further ahead is Little Thatch and Great Thatch Island of the BVI.

Not easy to get the angle right, but here's the same view from Google Earth... sort of

😉

Screenshot_20230713_211929_Earth.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CruiserByHeart said:

Not easy to get the angle right, but here's the same view from Google Earth... sort of

😉

Screenshot_20230713_211929_Earth.jpg

Game, set, and match!