First time booking separate rooms.

We are a family of 4. We have usually booked 1 room and crammed ourselves in.  Honestly wasn't an issue, even when we got COVID last oct.  But we have decided for our upcoming Alaskan cruise, to get an inside room for my son (19) and daughter (12). And a balcony for the 2 people paying for the trip.  My son will actually almost be 21 for the trip.  Rcl limits the age to 21 for the primary person, so for the booking we put the boys in the 1 room and the girls in the other ( I secretly stuck my wife and daughter in the side......hehehe). 

So my question is if it's possible to go to guest services on board and get them to issue room keys for the correct orientation?  I know that we can just switch door keys or wow bands, but then boarding and purchases and such will be off.  I know if we wanted to rearrange things we could spring for 2 balcony's or 2 other similar rooms and maybe even connecting rooms, but we are to cheap to pay more for them.  And besides I am kind of hoping our gty's ( like I said cheap.....)  Would put us on as far away rooms as possible. I am jk, I honestly was fine with them in the room.  

Thanks in advance for the info.  

Yes, Guest services will reprogram your key cards to the rooms you'd prefer.  It's best if all 4 of you go, since they might need to ask permission of everyone involved in the switch.

If the interior room is directly across from the balcony room, Royal allows you to book your kids into their own room even if they are underage.    You have to call to make the arrangement to book minor children in their own room, and the rule is that their room must be directly across from your room.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

If the interior room is directly across from the balcony room, Royal allows you to book your kids into their own room even if they are underage.    You have to call to make the arrangement to book minor children in their own room, and the rule is that their room must be directly across from your room.

He mentioned booking gtys.