Magic Carpet Dinner Questions

Bask

I haven’t done the MC dinner and it has been years since we did a Chef’s Table so I can’t speak to the menu. However both are available to book pre cruise in the Plan my Cruise section of your booking on the website.  
The date and time is not determined until you board.  The MC dinner date is based on the predicted weather conditions and both are also based on the number of bookings. 

There have been several threads on this topic with good information. If you use search box on the upper right of the page and search this forum for "Dinner on the Edge" including the quotation marks you'll find a lot of information. I would have provided a link, but that search returned several threads and over 80 individual posts when I just tried it so too many to list here. Good luck. 

We haven't done Chefs Table on Celebrity but did the Magic carpet meal on Edge a month or so back.

Menu looked amazing so didn't mind the large upcharge (think it was around $300 for the both of us) but had to say it was the most disappointing meal all week and we did get a full refund.

Food was mediocre but the service was so slow.... We had been waiting about an hour before we even got our bread course, whereas tables all around us were on courses 3 & 4 (and yes, we were seated before them). 

Drinks service was so slow also, so just seemed they were way understaffed.

During sunset it was a lovely place to sit and eat, but by 10pm it was dark and quote cold - we had to use our phone torches to see what we were eating.

Lovely idea, but just needs to be executed waaaaaay better.

Check weather too for the cruise.  On our last cruise, 90% of the time, the magic carpet was closed.   When we walked by Solarium we see they have tables setup at one side and have a sign that said "dining on the edge" one evening.   I think they probably kept moving people's reservations around until they figured out that there is no option but to cancel.    Decided to offer them the same menu at the Solarium maybe at a discount.