Kids on Edge

Cruiscs

Anyone currently on Edge or have been recently?have heard that there a loads of kids on now. I dont really mind kids as long as they behave etc. my concern is that Celebrity dont offer as much as Royal so where does the kids hang out on Celebrity? In the bars, solarium? The teen Club is fairly small…

Good question. I have only been on one Celebrity cruise so far, the Summit, and I probably saw less than a dozen kids the entire time. However.... I'm following your logic. On Royal's Vision of the Seas over Easter break, the ship was full of families / kids. Since the Vision doesn't have all the fun, kid friendly activities that the mega ships have, they made their own fun and games. Running up and down the stairs, running through the lounges, playing tag, throwing balls across the centrum. These were mostly young teens, pre-teens. I came to the conclusion that maybe there wasn't enough entertainment on sea days to keep their interest.

Last August sailed 12 night Iceland/Ireland on the Apex and there were very few young children.  Next week was a 7 night Norway and there were loads of families which definitely changed the ambiance of the public spaces at times.  We knew August would be very family oriented and it was on the shorter cruise which better fits vacation needs.  There is a great kids club which seems to keep the younger ones happy, the pre-teens and teens did what was natural to them and travel in packs.  

• Like 1

I have found kids on Celebrity have not been a problem for us.  Sure, there is not much for pre-teens to do and they will travel in small packs and hangout in the pools.    But nothing like our negative experiences on RCL.  I suggest booking a cruise greater than 7 days and being port intensive.  

9 minutes ago, keesar said:

I have found kids on Celebrity have not been a problem for us.  Sure, there is not much for pre-teens to do and they will travel in small packs and hangout in the pools.    But nothing like our negative experiences on RCL.  I suggest booking a cruise greater than 7 days and being port intensive.  

Thanks. I am not an experience cruiser. Last year was our first time on Wonder of the seas. Wonderful experience but a little noisy sometimes.  Choose Edge this summer also in the Western Med as we want a bit more relaxing atmosphere. I think it will be a fantastic cruise but a little suprised that there have been so many kids onboard the last couple of weeks. (Based on posts in varius groups on Facebook) 

Virgin Voyages is adults only.   My last two Celebrity cruises had a few kids/teens but nothing overwhelming, then I went on a Virgin cruise, it was a completely different cruise without kids, definitely for the better.  

Took Celebrity Apex to Iceland in June with 5 year old.  Less than 12 kids total on Board and almost all of them hung out in the Kids Club all the time.  Kids Club was great with lots of personalized attention from counselors so no need to interact with other activities on board.  Did have family hours in Solarium from 4-11 due to cold weather ports but rarely saw children in there.  Families who cruise Celebrity are travel savvy and make sure their kids act respectfully.  Even the Captain's daughter participated in the Kids Club.  Everyone had a great time, both children and adults.  Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1