Just got back from Pacific Explorer X331 to Fiji (Jul 9-17)

Happy to field any questions, just reply to this topic and I'll try to answer.

My last time on P&O was all the way back in 2015 on the Pearl so a lot of changes since then.

We missed our 3rd port stop (Dravnui), which was very disappointing.

• Like 1

Food's pretty subjective but overall I found it decent enough.

Dragon Lady is probably the best of the 3 main restaurants. Highly recommend going there at least once. Tried Angelos and wasn't a huge fan.

Waterfront is open for breakfast and lunch and we went there most days. Never had an issue with getting a table. 

The pantry is OK - some very long lines since most items had to be served directly by staff.

Needless to say, the desserts generally look pretty but taste subpar.

Not a big fan of reserving dining times in advance. We booked in person (not via the app) and could usually only get very early slots.

On 7/18/2023 at 6:09 PM, Haoie said:

Food's pretty subjective but overall I found it decent enough.

Dragon Lady is probably the best of the 3 main restaurants. Highly recommend going there at least once. Tried Angelos and wasn't a huge fan.

Waterfront is open for breakfast and lunch and we went there most days. Never had an issue with getting a table. 

The pantry is OK - some very long lines since most items had to be served directly by staff.

Needless to say, the desserts generally look pretty but taste subpar.

Not a big fan of reserving dining times in advance. We booked in person (not via the app) and could usually only get very early slots.

We always eat late so should we pre book our venues? I am not a fan of pre booking either! we always have an 8.30pm slot.

Was it School Holidays? Usually during school holidays the earlier sittings were always taken first?

Can I book the pantry for the entire cruise in one hit? if so I could cancel the odd night I wanted to eat in Dragon Lady or Angelo,s.

Cheers

Yup, school holidays, lots of families and kids as expected.

8:30 should be easily open for you, seems like most went for slots around 6-7.

Do you mean the Waterfront? The Pantry is the buffet.

• Like 1

No need to book the pantry it is a dining court with each Shop having its own queue. The menu isn dragon lady is only changed every 3 days so book that. Accordingly. When you get on board. Go to the dragon lady restaurant and you can book what's required for the 3 main restaurants for the whole cruise and you can get the time you prefer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Haoie said:

Yup, school holidays, lots of families and kids as expected.

8:30 should be easily open for you, seems like most went for slots around 6-7.

Do you mean the Waterfront? The Pantry is the buffet.

Sorry yes I meant the waterfront.

13 hours ago, windsor26 said:

No need to book the pantry it is a dining court with each Shop having its own queue. The menu isn dragon lady is only changed every 3 days so book that. Accordingly. When you get on board. Go to the dragon lady restaurant and you can book what's required for the 3 main restaurants for the whole cruise and you can get the time you prefer. 

So for convenience could I just book the Waterfront 8.30pm for the entire 12 nights and then just cancel the odd night for the other 2?

We are a bit weird we still prefer Traditional style dinning on a large table, Our last cruises on Carnival USA and RCL it was still TD and my last P&O we just booked ATD for 8.30 for every night in one hit and had the same shared table.

Yes you could book Waterfront for the whole time when you board.

8:30 is pretty late so you'll be easily accommodated I think.

They'll give you a little slip of paper for each night to bring to the desk as you enter the restaurant. You won't have the same servers I'll note.

Agree, I still prefer set dining times also. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fishtaco said:

So for convenience could I just book the Waterfront 8.30pm for the entire 12 nights and then just cancel the odd night for the other 2?

We are a bit weird we still prefer Traditional style dinning on a large table, Our last cruises on Carnival USA and RCL it was still TD and my last P&O we just booked ATD for 8.30 for every night in one hit and had the same shared table.

Yes or add one of the other restaurants for one night if you want to try them 

• Like 1