Travel Channel Cruise Show Idea

gatorclaw

Here's my idea for a Travel Channel TV show

Show title: Ports of Call

They get Carnival to sponsor it. They have a host who goes around to the different ports. Each episode is a different port of call. The show starts by coming into port, checking out the dock area, then moving to the people, local customs and such, the land, the shops, the bars, a few excursions.

Simple to produce. I'm sure the locals would be dying to get their faces and business names on camera. You only need a crew of a few guys.

Seriously, this is a great idea, right? I have tons of other ideas for the show, but I'll keep it short.

They get Carnival to sponsor it. They have a host who goes around to the different ports. Each episode is a different port of call. The show starts by coming into port, checking out the dock area, then moving to the people, local customs and such, the land, the shops, the bars, a few excursions.

Simple to produce. I'm sure the locals would be dying to get their faces and business names on camera. You only need a crew of a few guys.

Seriously, this is a great idea, right? I have tons of other ideas for the show, but I'll keep it short.

I just got ProShow Gold and will make my movie when I get back. Sounds like a great idea but the Travel Channel is all about Ghost and Poker these days... I doubt they would pick it up.

There's already a show that does that. It's called Travel Magazine. A couple goes to different parts of the world, including cruises. I think they are on Celebrity. They show all kinds of stuff on the cruise ship and they tour the ports of call. There's been shows from the Caribbean, Europe and Alaska. It's a pretty tame show, with lots of older people and in the ports they just walk around giving a history of the place and do some shopping. It's actually not too bad, but I agree that it should be Carnival and show a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere. It's a bit on the stuffy side.

Get Samantha Brown, and I'll watch it!!! She's hot!

Smithgirl2,

Agreed.

She did one already but it wasn't Carnival....don't remember which one it was. She'd be awesome on Carnival and I'd definately like to be on board to watch her!

:cool:

Gatorclaw productions, accompanied by cruise critic members from far and near, bring you CARNIVAL ports of call! Set back and remember your fun times, or plan your next adventure as Gatorclaw and cruise critic crew entice and entertain you like you've never thought possible....

Definately sounds like a plan to me!

Count me in.

What kind of video do you need?

Archived