Everglades tour recommendation from FLL area

nbsjcruiser

We'll be in the FLL area for 5 weeks in November and I'd like to take my wife on an airboat tour of the Everglades. Its something she always wanted to do. Can you kind folks recommend a decent tour that won't break the bank? We'll have a car and I know the south Florida area well so transportation wont be an issue.

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, brunello22 said:

Everglades Holiday Park and Sawgrass Recreation Park are the two closest to the Fort Lauderdale area, approximately 30 minutes away.  Check online their websites for coupons as well as Groupon.

Thanks @brunello22

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

We've done the Sawgrass Recreation Park and really enjoyed not only the airboat tour but the animal exhibit and show too.

Thanks - how long was the airboat tour? Did you find it was a good length of time to spend on the boat?

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

We did Sawgrass this week and saw zero alligators and 2 interesting birds. Not sure if it matters but it was 90 degrees in October. 

The best time to visit the Everglades is in the ‘dry’ season (Dec- April) when the weather is cooler for humans and dryer for both humans and wildlife.  In the dry season the wildlife congregates at watering holes making them easy to spot and where you might see fish, turtles, alligators and birds all in one spot.