NCL Spirit Tahiti/Honolulu in 2025?

I was following some itineraries for NCL Spirit going to Tahiti and Honolulu in 2025 but they've all disappeared.  I assumed this is because NCL subcontracted this ship to Asia for part of 2024 and don't know their plans for 2025 yet.

In any case, is the Tahiti/Honolulu itinerary popular? I'm hoping to see it for 2025...right now the 2023 dates are cheap but I can't go.

Nevermind I found my answer: Norwegian Cancels Most of Spirit’s Sailings for 2024 and 2025 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

“As a company, we are committed to providing exceptional vacation experiences, both aboard our ships and by taking our guests to some of the most sought-out destinations around the world. As a result of a fleet redeployment, Norwegian Spirit’s sailings from February 8, 2025, through and including November 23, 2025, have been cancelled,” the company explained.

We were also interested in this cruise and had noticed the huge price drop for this year but couldn't make this year work for us either.

We thought about waiting till next year to see if the price drops like this year but than found out NCL is stopping this itinerary so we ended up booking with Windstar for 2025, Tahitian Island cruise as we have already done Hawaii on The POA a few years back.

I was scheduled for the Sun doing Japan Nov 2024, but it was taken over by a charter. NCL sent an email last month stating that they were switching ships (to the Spirit) but the itinerary would be the same and I should see a revised confirmation 7/15/23. When that didn't happen I figured something was up. I've already booked a different cruise for that time period now since I don't see the Japan cruise going at all at this point.

10 hours ago, mcmomny said:

... to see if the price drops ... ended up booking with Windstar ...

Wow. This struck me as hilarious.  🤣 I'm still chuckling.

Honestly Windstar was cheaper than NCL, they were doing a July 4th deal where we got our cabin plus free beverage package for less than NCL. 

Also booked for additional cost airfare and hotel package which we have till 90 days before sailing to cancel for full refund if we find our own airfare cheaper

11 hours ago, RB9643 said:

Wow. This struck me as hilarious.  🤣 I'm still chuckling.

How so? The original quote was about the price drop, but then she chose Windstar for an itinerary NCL is no longer doing. Oh....to cruise Windstar. But not happening for me.

22 hours ago, mcmomny said:

We thought about waiting till next year to see if the price drops like this year but than found out NCL is stopping this itinerary so we ended up booking with Windstar for 2025, Tahitian Island cruise as we have already done Hawaii on The POA a few years back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh....to cruise Windstar. 

Yes. The combination of watching for a price drop and then choosing Windstar just twisted my brain for a moment.  🙃

• Haha 1

Yes, Windstar is expensive but they had a great deal for 2025 sailings which includes beverages and it was cheaper than the NCL sailings that were posted for 2025 till they pulled them.

So we feel good about our choice as we still have a cruise to Tahiti on a small intimate ship and it was cheaper than NCL and 2000 of our closest friends ☺️

48 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

Yes. The combination of watching for a price drop and then choosing Windstar just twisted my brain for a moment.  🙃

It's more that Windstar expects you to wear pants, shoes and collared shirts for dinner. Otherwise I would have jumped on Windstar and never set foot on NCL. Just not my vibe for a relaxing vacation. 

Most Windstar rates are cheaper than Haven rates.

I know it will be very different but we really wanted to be able to get up-close with the islands and looked at staying on the island in rentals or resorts which were all pricey and did not include food or drinks.

I really don't enjoy vacations where we have to shop, cook and clean. We have stayed in rentals on a few islands before. It has it's perks but not relaxing enough for me.

There was no way we could make this years huge price drop NCL sailing work that's why we were happy with their 2025 options but they are gone now

My husband found this cruise and he thinks it will be great, I keep trying to tell him it is a small ship and we will get a little bored but he doesn't think so.  I'm game and I know I will like it very much, lets just hope he doesn't get too bored an annoy me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, 2ndhoney said:

I was scheduled for the Sun doing Japan Nov 2024, but it was taken over by a charter. NCL sent an email last month stating that they were switching ships (to the Spirit) but the itinerary would be the same and I should see a revised confirmation 7/15/23. When that didn't happen I figured something was up. I've already booked a different cruise for that time period now since I don't see the Japan cruise going at all at this point.

I was scheduled for the Sun doing Japan 10/23/2024 and got the same notice. I've never received the promised revised confirmation, although when I look at MyNCL it shows me on the Spirit in a BA cabin. My TA called for a fare adjustment because I had been in a Club Balcony Suite. The NCL rep did adjust the fare but said that no revised confirmations would be sent out yet because they are still "working on the itinerary." So I'm waiting but starting to wonder if this Japan cruise will really happen. There are similar itineraries in Fall 2024 on the Celebrity Millenium and HAL Noordam, so I may need to look at those alternatives or just decide to do a Japan cruise another time. But I also saw that Princess has cancelled some Japan cruises in order to do charters, so it seems to be a bit of a trend. https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-cancels-sailing-in-favor-of-charter/106829