Any experience of complimentary post cruise tours for passengers with late flight?

Peter Lanky

We are sailing on the Australia/NZ cruise on Silver Muse finishing in Bali on 18th March 2024. Our information tells us on the last day we are entitled to a tour on the last day if our flight leaves after 4pm or a day room if it leaves after 10pm. Ours leaves at 9:45pm.

Has anyone had any experience of such a tour? Is Silversea flexible on the times for 15 minutes? I can imagine with our luck, we would get a tour that drops us at the airport at 1pm and we twiddle our thumbs for 9 hours, but maybe I'm being pessimistic. Anyone with any examples of final day arrangements.

17 minutes ago, Peter Lanky said:

We are sailing on the Australia/NZ cruise on Silver Muse finishing in Bali on 18th March 2024. Our information tells us on the last day we are entitled to a tour on the last day if our flight leaves after 4pm or a day room if it leaves after 10pm. Ours leaves at 9:45pm.

Has anyone had any experience of such a tour? Is Silversea flexible on the times for 15 minutes? I can imagine with our luck, we would get a tour that drops us at the airport at 1pm and we twiddle our thumbs for 9 hours, but maybe I'm being pessimistic. Anyone with any examples of final day arrangements.

On our recent cruise, there was a couple with a later afternoon flight.  They did not get a day room.  However, they had access to the hotel/resort’s swimming pool and facilities until the time of their individual transfer.  Many guests were staying at the same hotel overnight as it was included in the cruise package.

If a post cruise hotel is not included for most, then I think you might spend 4-6 hours at the airport. ☹️

Our March sailing on Dawn, we were concerned with the transfers for our 20.00 flight.  I was told, it was that or a straight transfer to the airport only. About 5 or 6 days before departure we were given an 8am departure and midday airport arrival. While at GS  I overheard a guest complaining about her departure and was told of one which arrived at 16.00 and included lunch. I then inquired and learned there were 3 different options. We managed to get transferred onto the better option for us, but wasn’t impressed we’d been misinformed about options when we got allocated a poor choice for us. (Hanging about at Barbados airport for 8 hours is no fun at all.)

So in answer to your question, yes they can be flexible, but it really isn’t a given and don’t take their first answer on what they can do. Good luck.

Sad to say after our Odyssey cruise around Japan in April on SS with a flight after 10pm  ....they claimed there were no Day Rooms or indeed any tours and instead we were dumped at Marriot Osaka so called Hospitality room ...see the photos 

The transfer to the airport was a total shambles much later than all had requested and as for Osaka Airport so called Business Lounge for Emirates disgusting was only word that applied with nothing in the least edible or drinkable 

Silversea truly shot themselves in the foot over that 

20230412_064926.jpg

20230412_064955.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

20230412_064955.jpg

That food arrangement looks much like the breakfast given to Silversea passengers at the Marriott in Anchorage after our Japan to Alaska cruise in May (Silver Whisper). I complained to SS about it with quite positive results. 

• Thanks 1

We were on a good post-cruise around Bridgetown after our Moon TA from Lisbon last November.  The tour included a visit to a nature center and a very good lunch at a local restaurant.  The guide was accommodating and informative.  We arrived at the airport in sufficient time to catch our flight back to MIA.  All of it went down without any problems from finding the bus after disembarking to arriving at the airport.  I do approach such post-cruise tours like any other ship's excursion, just hope that Slversea or whatever line has properly vetted the tour company and thoroughly relayed everyone's expectations.

• Like 1