Is Chef Table worth it

Agree on doing The Chef's table at least once although have done it several times. If you do the chef's table, do not eat lunch (or a small lunch) because it is a lot of food. By the time dessert is served you will be full. I also think the whole experience depends on your table mates. Like any experience with a group of strangers some are good, others not so much but the food is good regardless.

On 7/24/2023 at 4:49 PM, Phanlee91 said:

Its worth it for the experience itself, but the food for me wasn't spectacular by any means.

For me it's the opposite. I'm there for the food but I don't want to hear the staff talking to me about it in detail, having 10 other guests around me, or making it an "experience". I'm just here for the food 😅

On 7/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

I have it booked for the first time in Sept but I don't think I will do it justice. I don't drink wine, I get full pretty fast, and I don't really like seafood.

But it looks so interesting, such pretty food, and seems like a very fun and unique experience. I'm not a picky eater and like variety so I think it will be worth it. Especially since I could sit on a slot machine in that time frame and lose more than the meal will cost lol.

Tell them you don't like sea food and they will replace it. Tell them you don't drink wine and they will accommodate. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

I have it booked for the first time in Sept but I don't think I will do it justice. I don't drink wine, I get full pretty fast, and I don't really like seafood.

But it looks so interesting, such pretty food, and seems like a very fun and unique experience. I'm not a picky eater and like variety so I think it will be worth it. Especially since I could sit on a slot machine in that time frame and lose more than the meal will cost lol.

They will ask in advance if you have any allergies. Not liking something isn't really an allergy. The times we did Chef's Table I ate everything and liked it all. Even stuff I had never tried before.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would say definitely worth it.  We just did it on our Alaskan cruise on the Luminosa.  DH and I loved it.  I was nervous because DH is a pescatarian.  We simply informed them and the Chef substituted all the meat dishes with a variety of seafoood, a mushroom dish, a risotto and a lobster bisque.  Each substitution was actually quite tasty and at times even better than what I had.  The wine was continuously flowing all evening which was lovely.  I would definitely do it again.

I definitely think it's worth doing once. But only if you have an adventurous palate. And while there is plenty of food (and you have to be very picky to walk away hungry) this is not for the typical meat and potatoes guy. Definitely not for kids, unless you're talking about a high schooler thinking of going to culinary school. There are plenty of options, so if you don't like a particular item, just skip it and go to the next one. First time on the Miracle (in the nightclub, which was weird) but had good tablemates and it was a new experience, so really enjoyed it. Second time on the Magic in the kitchen, which was loud, less interesting tablemates, and same menu as before. So, we might be done until we know there is a different menu.