Changing Travel Agent Protocol

REDSTRIPETYPE

My experience is that you request your agent to release the booking to Celebrity.    If past the 30 days to transfer to an Agent I doubt they would allow you to transfer to a different agent.    Make sure you understand the cancellation penalty and the new deposit rules if you decide to cancel and re-book.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

Will Celebrity allow me to change travel agents without having to rebook the entire cruise?

If you're looking to transfer a booking from one travel agent to another, it can be done under certain circumstances. I believe a call on your behalf needs to be made to Celebrity and they'll start the process of doing the transfer. I believe that managers/owners from both your current TA and the new TA need to sign off on the transfer. 

If you're doing the transfer merely to obtain a better deal or agency perks, I don't think that is allowed. I think you can only do the transfer if your current agent is not meeting your level of service expectations or is no longer able to provide support (death or leave of absence).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

Will Celebrity allow me to change travel agents without having to rebook the entire cruise?

Please provide more information. When did you book the cruise? When is the cruise?   Why do you need to change Travel agents?  Is the current Travel agent unresponsive or are you just looking for more perks?

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience is that you request your agent to release the booking to Celebrity.    If past the 30 days to transfer to an Agent I doubt they would allow you to transfer to a different agent.    Make sure you understand the cancellation penalty and the new deposit rules if you decide to cancel and re-book.

I apologize 🙏this is way off the topic, but I miss your reviews and pictures! Please hurry up and go on a cruise soon!😁

• Like 1