World Class bar is on the Infinity, to our pleasant surprise!

Quarantined

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes love it.  But i hear that the WBC no longer offers Zacapa rum.  They switched this year due to some issue with their agreement.

I will be so disappointed if they don’t have the Zacapa on my September Beyond sailing.  But I suspect I’ll survive…maybe. 😀

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes love it.  But i hear that the WBC no longer offers Zacapa rum.  They switched this year due to some issue with their agreement.

The menu in the app lists Brugal 1888 as the rum used (which is also a really good rum), but the paper menus still lists Zacapa 23. I’ll try to see if I can spot which one they’re actually using for the cocktails!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisinBanka said:

👍👍👍     RI has great restaurants for sure……. Bet you don’t miss the high taxes though! Lol

I miss everything about RI.  NY Systems, pizza strips, dels and great cold water seafood!  My husband loves Fla for fishing year round but I don’t love it even a little.  

33 minutes ago, riredsox said:

I miss everything about RI.  NY Systems, pizza strips, dels and great cold water seafood!  My husband loves Fla for fishing year round but I don’t love it even a little.  

Tell him we have fish year round in RI too!   Lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Quarantined said:

The menu in the app lists Brugal 1888 as the rum used (which is also a really good rum), but the paper menus still lists Zacapa 23. I’ll try to see if I can spot which one they’re actually using for the cocktails!

Thank you!

On 7/26/2023 at 10:24 AM, bikerunner said:

I love sitting on the S class ships the first day/evening and counting how many people get upset that they can't get a basic gin and tonic/vodka soda etc. Seen passengers throw tantrums, totally hilarious to me as I sit back with my old fashion.  They stick with the specialty menu, some variations as cruise goes on and you get to know bartenders but mainly that.  

In my experience, they will serve a shot of anything they have either neat or on the rocks. 

I don't know if we've ever been to the World Class Bar but I'm glad they're  finally putting that space to good use. The last 2 cruises, there was no one manning the gelato station and we had to go over to the Cafe to get service.

We've only seen the WCB on S Class ships (never been on E class).  We were on Millie in April and Cellar Masters had expanded their menu to include mixed drinks.  Definitely NOT WCB level, but something.

IMG_6093.thumb.jpeg.b9e30ea4d980e1057ddb1ac890011013.jpeg
We end the cruise with a final Zacapa Old Fashioned on our balcony, with a view of Santorini in the background. 

Tomorrow we switch over to the Constellation where, alas, there does not yet seem to be a WCB according to the app?

• Like 3

Hope you had a great cruise and thanks for letting us know about the WCB on Infinity! Hope you get lucky and they have one on the Constellation for you! I’m hoping it is on the Summit by September when I sail on her. I confirmed with somebody currently onboard the Summit that it does not have one, as the Gelato is still there in the evenings. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:08 AM, TeeRick said:

They didn't use Zacapa on Beyond in January.