My Owner's Suite Review - Riviera

PinonNoir

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I believe that other than new carpeting, no real renovation has been done to the Oceania, Vista and Owners Suite since 2021.  It that had been done, maybe they might have removed the hot tubs from the Oceania and Vista Suites.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I can definitely state the the recent refurbishment didn't affect the Owners Suite bathrooms. There are numerous cracks in the tiling that have been there for some time. Still a nice bathroom...just not recently refurbished.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PinonNoir said:

On that note, I hope everybody is using a TA for cruising...mine has been invaluable in getting discounts and arranging group dinner reservations the second they become available!  They cost you nothing and take care of you...find a good one and stick with them!

Although I agree, it's challenging. I've been through a few, and believe I've found a good TA now, but time will tell. I have my doubts he would be as efficient as what you describe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PinonNoir said:

Your butler will get you any bartender supplies you want. Orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, peeler, shaker, jigger, rock glasses....just ask and it appears. If you pick a wine there is indeed no corkage. Also important that if you dine in your stateroom there is of course no corkage.

Actually, even the cabin stewards can get you whatever supplies you need. Just ask nicely or (better still) add the bar items to the list of fridge items you (and/or your TA) request a month pre-embark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Actually, even the cabin stewards can get you whatever supplies you need. Just ask nicely or (better still) add the bar items to the list of fridge items you (and/or your TA) request a month pre-embark.

Oceania wanted a six-week lead time for requests on a cruise out of Miami in January.

56 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Unless it's a special request for something they don't normally have in stock.  Then, no.

Of course.  if they don't have it on board they can't supply it...   At least not on that cruise.

I got a call from the Oceania Riviera--Guest Desk a few months ago.  They asked is I had any food allergies or needs so they could pre-order if needed due to supply chain issues.  I had NONE.  

I asked for some Orange Juice in the mini-fridge for one cabin and Cranberry Juice in the other cabin.  They confirmed and put it in my file.  On another line, if you had a special request, like Diet Dr Pepper and they did not carry it, they would make a special order for it if you gave them enough time.  It was hit or miss if that special order ever got there. I have never been that picky.

I have posted about this Oceania call so far in advance and quite frankly was a bit confused by it. It ended up being NOT something that was done often.  I was very impressed.  When in the NCL Haven, that call usually came about 90 days or less before cruise embarkment date.  

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I got a call from the Oceania Riviera--Guest Desk a few months ago.  They asked is I had any food allergies or needs so they could pre-order if needed due to supply chain issues.  I had NONE.  

Interesting.  We've never received any calls similar to what you've described.  And on the one occasion when we made a special request in advance (pre-COVID), they said that they could not fulfill it without a payment from us.  We were asking for ginger beer (non-alcoholic).  They wanted $5 per item so we said, "no thank-you".

8 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Interesting.  We've never received any calls similar to what you've described.  And on the one occasion when we made a special request in advance (pre-COVID), they said that they could not fulfill it without a payment from us.  We were asking for ginger beer (non-alcoholic).  They wanted $5 per item so we said, "no thank-you".

@vlthom I found out that this call might NOT be common especially when I got it.  This is the second time I posted what happened.  Before folks come out of the would work on this, so here is what happened. 

I do a deep dive on learning everything I can about a new brand I want to cruise with.  It takes forever.  I only stay with the brand and do a booking if their hype equals the treatment I actually received.  Without writing a book, Oceania and their team exceeded my expectations and still continue to do so.  

When I am happy with a brand, I send out a very nice letter focused on the detailed positive treatment I got.  I never lie, or overly exaggerate. I figure cruise brands get enough hate mail.  I was so blown away, I sent that note and meant every word.  I also, as is my norm, let Oceania know that I post a lot in social media and my posts are always fair.

A few weeks later, I got a call from a person with the title of "Special Services Coordinator-Riviera".  It was over 150 days before embarkment.  At the time, I just figured it was normal treatment.  I was quickly told it was not.  So maybe it was my letter or maybe it was me posting so much on other boards.  Either way, it was nice and I appreciated it.  

I want to add a few things here.  I paid in full for both of my Staterooms over two months in advance.  I have NEVER done that before.  I was so impressed, I thought that was the least I could do.  Hope that answers your question. 

• Thanks 1