My Owner's Suite Review - Riviera

PinonNoir

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I find this a gray area.

ORV, I would agree. We walked to restaurants with wine and mixed drinks in our hands a few times and nobody questioned it. We also brought full glasses of wine from our suite to a comedy show, and nobody blinked an eye.

I think you can pretty much do what you want when it comes to alcohol. The Simply More $$ change will likely make all the written rules disappear. I'll bet they will start waiving corkage as well, since bringing your own wine will actually be saving them money!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

The Simply More $$ change will likely make all the written rules disappear. I'll bet they will start waiving corkage as well, since bringing your own wine will actually be saving them money!

If bringing your own wine after SM would be saving them money  why are they charging the fee now  😄

no difference  IMO

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If bringing your own wine after SM would be saving them money  why are they charging the fee now  😄

no difference  IMO

Well, as it is now, if you didn't bring wine but wanted it, you'd have to buy a bottle. With SM$ you get "free" wine during dinner.  If you bring your own wine they aren't pouring you the free wine, so you are saving them money. Last time we did Silversea there was no corkage, since wine was included. Am I misconstruing the wine details of SM$?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no difference  IMO

I believe because after SM, everyone will have wine available during meals where as now, only those that purchased a package have wine available at no extra cost during meals.  The corkage fee is, perhaps, to encourage people to purchase wine from O but after implementation of SM, that will no longer be pertinent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

Well, as it is now, if you didn't bring wine but wanted it, you'd have to buy a bottle. With SM$ you get "free" wine during dinner.  If you bring your own wine they aren't pouring you the free wine, so you are saving them money. Last time we did Silversea there was no corkage, since wine was included. Am I misconstruing the wine details of SM$?

if you take your own wine to dinner   they are still pouring it for you  & you pay the fee

after SM  if you take your own wine to dinner they will pouring it for you  ..probably  with a fee

time will tel

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

if you take your own wine to dinner   they are still pouring it for you  & you pay the fee

after SM  if you take your own wine to dinner they will pouring it for you  ..probably  with a fee

time will tel

If that's the case it will have an impact on future cruise plans.  Oceania better understand wine enthusiasts are an important part of their client base. 

• Haha 1

I learned a lot from this Topic.  Interesting take on things.  Because I love watching video's on really nice suites, may I recommend the Vista, Owners Suite Video.  Some, but not all of the issues outlined have been updated.  Part of this was done with a real butlers closet.  

On the Hot Tub for one of the side decks, I learned during reviewing this thread that the power that be eliminate them on the Vista along with the outside TV.  In a recent video, I noticed even on the Riviera, in the Oceania and Vista Suites the TV was not longer visible.  I also noticed on the Vista, the Vista Suite no longer had a little gym with makes complete sense to me.  

Many of us dream of going in an upper end suite.  We watch video's, consider the extra room, storage, bathrooms and amenities.  Then, one day by plan or accident we end up in a upper level suite.  This happened to me on the NCL Joy.  I was in the Haven (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony.  1400 sf including a wrap around balcony.  I took my family and I thought it was a very nice suite.  The nicest I had ever had until now.  

The truth is like buying a new car, after a day or two, it was just another suite.  Bigger, Yes; More Amenities like bottles of spirits, Yes; a huge deck that wrapped around the ship, Yes; It was impressive.  Yet it had lots of wind because it was on the bow of the ship when the ship was moving or on a sea day.  It A/C was hit/miss.  The second bedroom bath was the size designed for kids with a very low toilets.  Great suite, but not perfect especially for the investment even though I got a deal on it due to so many cancellations.  I like the author here shared the good, bad and ugly.  

I am quite positive that I will have positives/negatives to say about my upcoming Vista Suite on the Riviera.  The difference here is having so many straight forward folks that listed the Good, Bad and Ugly already.  Just like the author here did on the Owners Suite on the Riviera.  Glad this blog in general has far more realistic reviews then other I have read.  Makes managing expectations for easier.  I hope to do the same when I cruise.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Concerning the wine, there will be many in the future, just like now, that will bring their own wine as they want something better than the offerings on the Wine By The Glass menu. Should be an elementary concept. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I learned a lot from this Topic.  Interesting take on things.  Because I love watching video's on really nice suites, may I recommend the Vista, Owners Suite Video.  Some, but not all of the issues outlined have been updated.  Part of this was done with a real butlers closet.  

On the Hot Tub for one of the side decks, I learned during reviewing this thread that the power that be eliminate them on the Vista along with the outside TV.  In a recent video, I noticed even on the Riviera, in the Oceania and Vista Suites the TV was not longer visible.  I also noticed on the Vista, the Vista Suite no longer had a little gym with makes complete sense to me.  

Many of us dream of going in an upper end suite.  We watch video's, consider the extra room, storage, bathrooms and amenities.  Then, one day by plan or accident we end up in a upper level suite.  This happened to me on the NCL Joy.  I was in the Haven (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony.  1400 sf including a wrap around balcony.  I took my family and I thought it was a very nice suite.  The nicest I had ever had until now.  

The truth is like buying a new car, after a day or two, it was just another suite.  Bigger, Yes; More Amenities like bottles of spirits, Yes; a huge deck that wrapped around the ship, Yes; It was impressive.  Yet it had lots of wind because it was on the bow of the ship when the ship was moving or on a sea day.  It A/C was hit/miss.  The second bedroom bath was the size designed for kids with a very low toilets.  Great suite, but not perfect especially for the investment even though I got a deal on it due to so many cancellations.  I like the author here shared the good, bad and ugly.  

I am quite positive that I will have positives/negatives to say about my upcoming Vista Suite on the Riviera.  The difference here is having so many straight forward folks that listed the Good, Bad and Ugly already.  Just like the author here did on the Owners Suite on the Riviera.  Glad this blog in general has far more realistic reviews then other I have read.  Makes managing expectations for easier.  I hope to do the same when I cruise.

Thank you. We are looking forward to our Oceania Suite on the Marina, before renovations. When we made the reservation, we thought it would be after. Still have the outside hot tub and TV, as far as I know.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ORV said:

Concerning the wine, there will be many in the future, just like now, that will bring their own wine as they want something better than the offerings on the Wine By The Glass menu. Should be an elementary concept. 

No matter what the wine concept on the ship, we will always bring our own wine.  There is no replacement for incredible RRV and SC Pinot Noir!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 4:56 PM, PinonNoir said:

4. We had heard there was a hot tub on the starboard side of the deck.  Nope!

Whoa!  This is the first I have heard they are removing the hot tubs on the balcony in the upper suites.  Someone else mentioned about removing them from the Oceania suites also.  Having a hot tub on the balcony is an absolute necessity for us, and there are only a few cruise lines that offer them.  It is the main reason we are willing to pay the big bucks to have these suites.  It looks like our cruise in February on Marina will be our last cruise on O.  Really too bad.

Investigating further, I see looking on the O website, they no longer mention them for Riviera.  They still list and show them for Marina.

Edited by Torquer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Whoa!  This is the first I have heard they are removing the hot tubs on the balcony in the upper suites.  Someone else mentioned about removing them from the Oceania suites also.  Having a hot tub on the balcony is an absolute necessity for us, and there are only a few cruise lines that offer them.  It is the main reason we are willing to pay the big bucks to have these suites.  It looks like our cruise in February on Marina will be our last cruise on O.  Really too bad.

I just watched a June 2023 video of the Riviera Oceania suite. Still had the hot tub. Did not see a TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Torqued, while our Owners Suite didn't have a hot tub, our friends Oceania Suite did. You should check with your TA on the ship class you are choosing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I just watched a June 2023 video of the Riviera Oceania suite. Still had the hot tub. Did not see a TV.

Editing this post...yes, Oceania Suite still has a hot tub.

Edited by PinonNoir
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

I asked our Butler about the hot tub in the Owners Suite on Riviera. He said they were all removed during the last refurbishment.  Whatever video you saw was not from this past June.

It was posted in June 2023 by a travel agent. Interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SATaxman said:

It was posted in June 2023 by a travel agent. Interesting.

I read Owners Suite when I first saw the post. I have corrected my post. The Oceania Suite on Riviera still has a hot tub. Our friends were making fun of us for not having one...rightfully so!

5 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

I read Owners Suite when I first saw the post. I have corrected my post. The Oceania Suite on Riviera still has a hot tub. Our friends were making fun of us for not having one...rightfully so!

Here is what the O website is currently saying for Oceania suites for Marina:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-staterooms

Featuring a luxurious residential design and stylish furnishings, each of the twelve Oceania Suites offers more than 1,000 square feet of luxury. These stylish suites offer a living room, dining room, fully equipped media room, large walk-in closet, king-size bed, expansive private veranda, indoor and outdoor whirlpool spas and a second bathroom for guests. Also included is access to the private Executive Lounge with magazines, daily newspapers, beverages and snacks.

The schematic picture also shows the whirlpool on the balcony.

Now look at Riviera's Oceania suites:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms

Featuring a luxurious residential design and stylish furnishings, each of the twelve Oceania Suites offers more than 1,000 square feet of luxury. These stylish suites offer a living room, dining room, fully equipped media room, large walk-in closet, king-size bed, whirlpool spa, expansive private veranda and a second bathroom for guests. Also included is access to the private Executive Lounge with magazines, daily newspapers, beverages and snacks.

No mention of the outdoor whirlpool spa, and it is not in the schematic of the suite.

1 minute ago, Torquer said:

No mention of the outdoor whirlpool spa, and it is not in the schematic of the suite.

We just got off the Riviera, and the Oceania Suite our friends were staying in definitely had a hot tub on the deck. Sorry I didn't get a photo, but it was there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

We just got off the Riviera, and the Oceania Suite our friends were staying in definitely had a hot tub on the deck. Sorry I didn't get a photo, but it was there.

What deck were they on ?

That could be the  difference  

5 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

I wonder if they are in the process of removing them all.  So they don't advertise them on the O website for Marina so people aren't disappointed when they get on the ship.

On the outdoor Hot Tub question for Oceania Suites on the Riviera.  The YouTube.com Video is called "Oceania Riviera | Oceania Suite | Full Walkthrough Tour & Review | 4K" . The video was done last week.  The time marker is 07:56 and you can clearly see the outdoor Hot Tub and no TV.  

I believe that other than new carpeting, no real renovation has been done to the Oceania, Vista and Owners Suite since 2021.  It that had been done, maybe they might have removed the hot tubs from the Oceania and Vista Suites.  

1 minute ago, Torquer said:

I wonder if they are in the process of removing them all.  So they don't advertise them on the O website for Marina so people aren't disappointed when they get on the ship.

You know, that's quite possible. If a hot tub is important to you I'd ask your TA to inquire. 

On that note, I hope everybody is using a TA for cruising...mine has been invaluable in getting discounts and arranging group dinner reservations the second they become available!  They cost you nothing and take care of you...find a good one and stick with them!

• Like 3