Oceania Guest Ticket Contract

Sthrngary

Thank you to @FetaCheese for getting me to consider reading the entire 15 page Oceania Ticket Contract. This is NOT the first Ticket Contract that I have read and they all read the same.  It was an boring and yet interesting read.  I highly recommend it.  

Now after reading this document, if you take it at face value, much fewer guest would ever book any cruise vacation with ANY brand.  It is solidly weighted on the Cruise Brands legal side.  I knew this before I read it as we all should.  Will it stop me from booking another cruise, heck "NO".  My favorite vacations are cruise vacations.  

Still we all should be aware of the very detailed facts on the document that we agree too.  I also think many of the complaints that happen about cruising have their core answers in this document.  Instead of giving you a link, I will attach the PDF below.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

oceania-guest-ticket-contract-new.pdf

Ditto and a Plus 1 and anything similar.  Since I have NO Control over anything written in that contract, I opt not to get excited that it is 100% weighted in favor of the cruise line. “ God grant me … “ is what I live bye in retirement as I only control what I pull my credit card out for and we do love a fabulous Oceania cruise with our Oceania family. 
ENJOY,
Mauibabes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They are known as "adhesion contracts" , where one of the parties, in this case the cruise line, writes the contract's language with the other party effectively having no bargaining power or input into the terms.

As consumers virtually every contact we are a party to is an adhesion contract. Examples are forms of consumer credit such as auto loans, credit cards and mortgages, as well as insurance policies. You may have some input into lease terms, but little enough that they are normally also considered adhesion contracts.

If we were to be overly concerned about all the adhesion contracts we enter into we couldn't function in the modern world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1