Hair Iron on MSC Meraviglia

newone17

Booked a cruise on Meraviglia from NY and looking for "travel information" on their website I saw "hair iron" restriction to bring((..  This is my 12 cruise and on every line/ship I was allowed to bring it in (although maybe I was just lucky?)).  I know about clothing iron and never bring a hair dryer (sometime ship's dryer is horrible) and other hot/flammable things, but without my tiny (it is actually mini iron) it would be bad..  Any experience on that recently?..

I asked the same question prior to our first MCS cruise last year.  I find it an odd thing to list under restrictions since hair irons/curling irons are pretty standard packing items for women.  I was told that it would be acceptable....and it was no problem at all!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jenngirl said:

Just off the MSC Meraviglia this am. Wrote a whole review if you want some info! 🙂

https://thehappiesttravels.com/2023/07/30/msc-meraviglia-cruise-review/

Thank you! Very detailed review. Was surprised to read about not turning down cabin and necessity to ask for things.. well, my cruise is booked, so “whatever will be, will be”.  Glad I can bring my straightener on board! And if we’ll experience all those negative things you did - it’s still be better than routine at home - working and cooking))). I understand the internet package was included in the price. By any chance, do you know how much is “browse package “ per day if you buy it on the ship?

I agree! There were negatives but I had a good time because I was with my family so you know I can’t say oh I was miserable because that’s not true. But I like giving an honest picture on the review just so people know what to expect. We were very surprised about turn down service and that they didn’t give tissues. I actually had to clarify tissues for the nose because they thought toilet paper. I feel like because this ship is new to the Brooklyn area the reviews are less and of course it’s going to be different all the time. 

I actually have my daily planners in my bag and I believe it’s in there so I can check for you tomorrow! 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2023 at 8:49 PM, jenngirl said:

I agree! There were negatives but I had a good time because I was with my family so you know I can’t say oh I was miserable because that’s not true. But I like giving an honest picture on the review just so people know what to expect. We were very surprised about turn down service and that they didn’t give tissues. I actually had to clarify tissues for the nose because they thought toilet paper. I feel like because this ship is new to the Brooklyn area the reviews are less and of course it’s going to be different all the time. 

I actually have my daily planners in my bag and I believe it’s in there so I can check for you tomorrow! 

Hello,

sorry to be so annoying, but did you have a chance to check the daily planners for the internet "browse" package price? I'm still thinking that buying on board is cheaper than buying before through their website.  I'm not sure if i need it - never got one before, managed to be on "real vacation" 🙂 - no news, no communication whatsoever. Now, on the first after-pandemic cruise, all of a sudden I'm thinking about it)).

thank you,

6 hours ago, newone17 said:

Hello,

sorry to be so annoying, but did you have a chance to check the daily planners for the internet "browse" package price? I'm still thinking that buying on board is cheaper than buying before through their website.  I'm not sure if i need it - never got one before, managed to be on "real vacation" 🙂 - no news, no communication whatsoever. Now, on the first after-pandemic cruise, all of a sudden I'm thinking about it)).

thank you,

everything is cheaper if purchased before you get on the ship.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, newone17 said:

Hello,

thank you,

Hi! No worries. I am so sorry. I just took a look and this is all it says on the paper for the Internet package. Ours came free with our booking but I would have probably gotten it to stay connected to others on the ship and people at home. There is a 3 day package mentioned in what I’m included which could be a choice! Hopefully, this helps! 

98D39153-2444-4C07-8F82-05D723292B5A.jpeg

8A0806C2-C17A-4F25-B234-722F6EB6F149.jpeg

• Like 1