Trying to get 3rd pax upgraded to premium

New2cruise2022

Cruise is just booked. Two cabins. 2 in one cabin. 3 in the other. We want everyone with the premium package. Agent on the phone said we have to wait until we are on board to upgrade the 3rd pax. Is this right or has anyone had a different experience and should I just keep calling back until I find an agent that can get this done?

I like clean and easy travel. I like all of my ducks in a row before I go. @Sthrngary

I fully understand about "getting everything set up pre-cruise"...that's typically me!  I would call again to get another agent.  I don't know for a fact whether you can or can't upgrade before cruise...but it seems a bit ridiculous that you couldn't.  Keep in mind that you're probably dealing with a very new employee who just plain doesn't know how to do it.  Call center has been recently outsourced to the Philippines.

7 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Cruise is just booked. Two cabins. 2 in one cabin. 3 in the other. We want everyone with the premium package. Agent on the phone said we have to wait until we are on board to upgrade the 3rd pax. Is this right or has anyone had a different experience and should I just keep calling back until I find an agent that can get this done?

I like clean and easy travel. I like all of my ducks in a row before I go. @Sthrngary

You are in a Princess Cruises blog and I have no idea what Premium is.  My area of expertise does not include Princess.  However, I have heard only great things about the brand. 

I would call back and get another agent to verify what was said. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

When you board the ship there are always staff selling the packages. I would think you could upgrade once on the ship. 

I’m going on a cruise where I want to use all of my OBC to pay for part of the Princess Plus cost so I plan to buy it once onboard. 

Let us know if you have anymore information. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

You are in a Princess Cruises blog and I have no idea what Premium is.  My area of expertise does not include Princess.  However, I have heard only great things about the brand. 

I would call back and get another agent to verify what was said. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Sorry! I inadvertently tagged you. Best wishes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trbarton said:

When you board the ship there are always staff selling the packages. I would think you could upgrade once on the ship. 

I’m going on a cruise where I want to use all of my OBC to pay for part of the Princess Plus cost so I plan to buy it once onboard. 

Let us know if you have anymore information. 

Tom😀

I will try the HUACA (hang up and call again) method I saw on another thread and report back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1