A Tale of Woe

Hlitner

4 hours ago, markham said:

Vineyard View,

Yours in a very kind thought! We are happy on Dawn and her 2 sisters. They outstrip the other SS ships by far…

Our next Seabourn cruise is in February, 2024, 

part of its WC. We certainly hope and trust that  

Natalya Leahy will deliver on her promise to restore the old touches and elevate the food quality. In the meantime this oyster story is telling, and I will be looking to CC posters to report what gets rolled out. If anyone can make this happen it is she!

Happy and healthy sailing!

I will say that she just might be that. After an extended post cruise lack of response to both my TA management as well as me regarding a big issue with the FCC on board not being responded to, then the response being incredibly sub par and condescending, I wrote directly to her. That got some attention and appropriate response almost immediately in a manner I would expect from a quality company. It didn’t make us whole, but it got us closer. I won’t go into that, but I am saying this because I found her team to be right on top of issues. So it did make us feel like there is acknowledgment (based on my phone conversation with her team) that ground processes as well as shipboard issues need addressing. 

Shoreside has always been an issue.  BUT... it is NOT unique to Seabourn.  Scenic is terrible (will be on the 3rd one in October and every pre-cruise experience has been challenging - especially to my great TA who gets put on hold for 45+ minutes), but once on the ship a great experience.  We will be on a Ponant cruise in a few weeks, shoreside has been hit or miss - despite Mrs 2SN sending a request for help in setting up her account several months ago she never got a reply, meanwhile I got my account issues fixed 2 days later.  Got an offer for biz class upgrade (duh I wouldn't take that why???) flight that I accepted but haven't heard back.  

I think the on-board crew have people who actually love their job and want to provide a great experience whereas the land-based look at it how do I punch my time clock and be done...  JMO.

4 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Shoreside has always been an issue.  BUT... it is NOT unique to Seabourn.  Scenic is terrible (will be on the 3rd one in October and every pre-cruise experience has been challenging - especially to my great TA who gets put on hold for 45+ minutes), but once on the ship a great experience.  We will be on a Ponant cruise in a few weeks, shoreside has been hit or miss - despite Mrs 2SN sending a request for help in setting up her account several months ago she never got a reply, meanwhile I got my account issues fixed 2 days later.  Got an offer for biz class upgrade (duh I wouldn't take that why???) flight that I accepted but haven't heard back.  

I think the on-board crew have people who actually love their job and want to provide a great experience whereas the land-based look at it how do I punch my time clock and be done...  JMO.

There is that and I do not necessarily disagree at all with you. That said, our issue was an onboard issue/promises that occurred,  that  we did not realize until we were back home. Needless to say, we are analyzing our decision. Bit you are correct - on board experience with SB was top drawer on our cruise. 

8 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Did you speak to the Maitre’D or Restaurant Manager and if so, what did they do to rectify the situation? 

Yes of course, both the restaurant manager and Chef Jess, and chef in the TK.  Got a basic: "sorry, thanks for letting us know"

6 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Yes of course, both the restaurant manager and Chef Jess, and chef in the TK.  Got a basic: "sorry, thanks for letting us know"

Very strange. They usually fall over backwards trying to make things right.  And Chef Jess is one of Seabourn’s best. 

• Like 4

On 8/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, USN59-79 said:

I have often wondered why it is so unusual that the dining room runs out of a popular dinner menu item.  Maybe it is because we usually eat first seating.  My question is:  If the waiter knew that an item might not be available, did he or she recommend something else?  And, if so, did you refuse the suggestion?

Ray

There are no “first seatings” on Seabourn 

• Thanks 1