NFL games

Way too many passengers are under the impression RCI has Sunday Ticket.  Over the years the number of games has increased dramatically.  In the Caribbean, you get two afternoon games two 4 o'clock games, a Sunday night, and a Thursday night.

As others have pointed out, Med is really late.

18 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

When we were on Symphony in May for the mediterranean cruise they did not have any NFL games on. There was however a lot of soccer games on. 

We have seen Patriots games in the med. May is not football season!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

We have seen Patriots games in the med. May is not football season!

Oops you are right.  I was thinking hockey.  We were trying to find NHL games and they didn’t have any on TV.  

• Like 1

They usually show the Network games, like the Sunday Night game, Monday Night game, and Thursday night game. They usually also show a could of games from the Sunday schedule, but, as was said, you ned to be up pretty late to watch the evening games.

Cheers

Len

You could be squabbling over the remote with the 'soccer' fans! Big Sunday EPL games will start at 5/5:30pm CET with the NFL starting at 7pm CET. Some overlap but should see two games easily on a Sunday evening.

No clashes on the Monday/Thursday late night games. 

On 8/6/2023 at 6:42 PM, steveru621 said:

Way too many passengers are under the impression RCI has Sunday Ticket.  Over the years the number of games has increased dramatically.  In the Caribbean, you get two afternoon games two 4 o'clock games, a Sunday night, and a Thursday night.

As others have pointed out, Med is really late.

The last several years I cruised a dozen times or so on Freedom and Independence during football season. On both ships they showed every NFL game on Sundays in Playmakers. This past December to January I did a back to back on Wonder and they also showed every NFL game in Playmakers on both Sundays. 

27 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The last several years I cruised a dozen times or so on Freedom and Independence during football season. On both ships they showed every NFL game on Sundays in Playmakers. This past December to January I did a back to back on Wonder and they also showed every NFL game in Playmakers on both Sundays. 

That certainly is good news for football fans.

40 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am curious to see what impact, if any, Sunday Ticket moving from DirecTV to YouTube will have on what games will be available at sea. 

Lot's of stuff in the mix.  Since I haven't been on a ship that showed 12 games on a Sunday afternoon I can't speak to Sunday ticket. 

I think Starlink streaming will impact sports on a cruise ship in a good way.  The great unknown is whether RCI is willing to pay each ship's commercial establishment cost of the Sunday Ticket.  It may be that they are doing a trial to gauge alcohol sales and what venue on the ship is appropriate.