So little about the little showers.......

calliopecruiser

1 hour ago, calliopecruiser said:

That really sucks, frankly - those that work out shouldn't have to go back to their cabin and wake their spouse/cabin made in order to have a shower before breakfast.  Another mischaracterization of the cruiseline - small size and included alcohol does not make for a "premium", let alone "luxury" cruise line. 

That said, it's cheaper than a luxury cruise line, so it's probably good value if what you want is a smaller passenger load and included alcohol. 

That is how it is/was on ONE of the four ships. It doesn’t represent all of the Azamara ships, and may possibly have been changed for Onward. I’m sure someone will give us an update. The other three have showers available to those using the gym. 

25 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

That is how it is/was on ONE of the four ships

Yes I know........and it still says negative things about the status of Azamara if it's still the case.  Saying "only 3/4 of our product is luxurious, so be warned before you book" is poor marketing. 

1 hour ago, calliopecruiser said:

That really sucks, frankly - those that work out shouldn't have to go back to their cabin and wake their spouse/cabin made in order to have a shower before breakfast.  Another mischaracterization of the cruiseline - small size and included alcohol does not make for a "premium", let alone "luxury" cruise line. 

That said, it's cheaper than a luxury cruise line, so it's probably good value if what you want is a smaller passenger load and included alcohol. 

I am totally confident that if for any reason, someone needed to use the gym showers, the staff would facilitate this on any of the 4 ships, pass or no pass.

16 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Yes I know........and it still says negative things about the status of Azamara if it's still the case.  Saying "only 3/4 of our product is luxurious, so be warned before you book" is poor marketing. 

I’m not on Onward at the moment, so I can’t update. Although we’ve taken four cruises on Onward, I’m not one for frequenting the gym, (to my shame, really.) I hope others will update, but I can’t say that it would be a deal-breaker for me. YMMV.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, royallondon said:

I am totally confident that if for any reason, someone needed to use the gym showers, the staff would facilitate this on any of the 4 ships, pass or no pass.

Yes, me too. Totally. As I have said previously, it's a bad decision and hopefully has been sorted. Anyone who has been on Onward recently able to comment?  If it's still restricted as uktog reported I'm prepared to message someone up the line on the ship. I have no desire to live with this restriction if I book Onward. 

Phil

• Like 4

18 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

My comment was really to point out the ridiculous position of supporting a cruise line by saying "well, it only applies to 25% of their offerings".  To support the cruise line you say, as others have, that the staff will help you anyway. 🙂

Yes I know the showers are minute and I hate shower curtains had shower doors in my bathrooms for over 35 years now, but I’m not keen on going to the spa to shower I’d rather have a really quick shower and not dwell on it to much. It certainly won’t ruin my Azamara experience 

• Like 1