Weather end of October

Mkdvmz

What feels cool to you may be different to others, especially those who live in cooler climates than you do.  Perhaps historical averages will be more helpful?

Using Rome as a location, since it's in the middle of the locations you mentioned, the average daily high for that week is 77 degrees while the average low is 56.

Ciampino, Italy Weather History | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

I've been on a number of Med cruises in October and November. Messina and Malta will likely be on the warmer side of the average given above. Venice will likely be cooler. 

I was in Positano in mid-October last year and the weather was warm-ish. I had on a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt and lightweight pants. I may have brought a light cardigan or windbreaker but took it off at some point as I have a selfie from lunch that day with only the t-shirt.  That said, the very next day we were in La Spezia for the Cinque Terre and it bucketed rain all day and was cooler. I would recommend a good rain jacket or shell for layering. October can be hit or miss with regard to rain.

41 minutes ago, Mkdvmz said:

I did look at google, extensively but was wondering what people’s experiences have been

People's experiences are anecdotal. Looking at Google is decades of data and facts.

And, to quote somebody here, "the plural of anecdote IS NOT data".