booking specialty dining on night 1 and night 2 using Diamond Plus discount, how do you do it?

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

LB, were you able to book for nights other than 1 or 2?  I would always prefer to spread them out.  

jc

I imagine most people would prefer that by choice. 

We have actually found specialty to be really busy on formal night (2nd night) and service and ambiance not that good. Not sure why that is a designated BOGO night. Last time we agreed to come back an hour later as they were totally overwhelmed when we turned up at the designated time for our reservations and had obviously overbooked. We have always thought specialty to be overrated but have resorted to it more since the problems with MTD. Of course this may be the intention.

Even at BOGO I am not paying for a sub-par experience. 

On 8/10/2023 at 9:23 PM, c-leg5 said:

I imagine most people would prefer that by choice. 

We have actually found specialty to be really busy on formal night (2nd night) and service and ambiance not that good. Not sure why that is a designated BOGO night. Last time we agreed to come back an hour later as they were totally overwhelmed when we turned up at the designated time for our reservations and had obviously overbooked. We have always thought specialty to be overrated but have resorted to it more since the problems with MTD. Of course this may be the intention.

Even at BOGO I am not paying for a sub-par experience. 

So we have done UDP a few times, and we do specialty restaurants on formal night most of the time.  I can’t say that I have had that experience.  Yes it is busier some nights than others, and maybe more so on formal night, but the experience in the specialty restaurants is always less fun than the best nights in the MDR, the wait staff in the MDR is more fun.  The food is always better it is always calmer in the specialty restaurants.  

I have avoided the MDR since the changes, but I am pretty sure we will go back next May on the Voyager for most meals.  So, I hope they have ironed out the kinks.  The MDR is more open to conversations with other guests and staff, so, while the food may not be awesome it probably is a better experience overall.  Of course, I go to dinner to enjoy the food not chat… so…

jc

On 8/10/2023 at 8:44 AM, xpcdoojk said:

LB, were you able to book for nights other than 1 or 2?  I would always prefer to spread them out.  

jc

Late to the party , but we were on Ovation and booked nights 3 and 6.  A week later we were on Quantum and booked nights 3 and 8.  We had to book and pay on night one or two, other than that no problem stretching things out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

We just go to the restaurant on day 1 & make a reservation. Then go to another restaurant & make another reservation. My card gets us a free meal at one & Wifes' card gets us a free meal at the other.

Some have reported that the BOGO is only good for day 1 or 2.  We have had no problem using the BOGO later in the week. Some also say is not good for lunch, only dinner. We have never tried to use it for lunch.  

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Some have reported that the BOGO is only good for day 1 or 2.  We have had no problem using the BOGO later in the week. Some also say is not good for lunch, only dinner. We have never tried to use it for lunch.  

We have never tried to use it after day 2. We have never tried to use it for lunch either.

• Like 1

Different question to add to the original posters. I'm hoping you have the answer. 

We have a family cruise coming up, 6 adults, 11 children and 1 baby.

DH and I are both D+ so we get the BOGO. And from the TA we have Dinner for 2 coupons, for 5 of our cabins. So 10 dinners from the TA.

Can we use the BOGO'S and the TA dinners to all go out the first or second night? Thoughts on this? 

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Blessedwith10 said:

We have a family cruise coming up, 6 adults, 11 children and 1 baby.

DH and I are both D+ so we get the BOGO. And from the TA we have Dinner for 2 coupons, for 5 of our cabins. So 10 dinners from the TA.

Can we use the BOGO'S and the TA dinners to all go out the first or second night? Thoughts on this? Thank you.

I cannot say yes for sure, as I have never tried that; however, I would think that you could do that. Definitely stop at any of the restaurants as soon as you board and ask that question before you make reservations. Bon appetit and bon voyage!