Walking on the Escape

Tutone56

Hi everyone, I searched for this but couldn't find it - can you walk on Deck 8 in the early morning as opposed to using the track?  I thought I read somewhere that the track is shorter and would require more laps?  I'd prefer a longer circuit.  Thanks.

Yes. Lots of people will walk around the ship a few times for exercise in the morning. The Waterfront, as it’s called, is open 24/7 weather permitting. It’s not marked like the jogging track but I suspect it is a slightly longer circuit. Walk to your heart’s content, you won’t be alone. 

• Like 2

Hi,

You can definitely walk on the Waterfront on Deck 8 early in the morning. It isn't usually very busy except for a few others trying to get their steps in. You cannot run, however, just walk. 

The track is shorter and is in direct sunlight for most of the day. It can be quite busy. On some ships it passes by a smoking area, which isn't an issue on Deck 8.

Deck 8 is also a good place to walk in the evening - nice for catching a sunset or watching the stars.

• Like 1

Yes, absolutely walk around Deck 8. It was a favorite of mine when I sailed The Escape a few years ago. I love walking laps and watching the sunrise. However, you have to walk inside at one end as it is not a full promenade.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tutone56 said:

Hi everyone, I searched for this but couldn't find it - can you walk on Deck 8 in the early morning as opposed to using the track?  I thought I read somewhere that the track is shorter and would require more laps?  I'd prefer a longer circuit.  Thanks.

You can walk along the Waterfront. You need to cut through the ship at the forward and aft elevator lobbies (short blast of air conditioning), but it is a nice circuit. 

You can do the same on Deck 7, but it is far less scenic. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

You can walk along the Waterfront. You need to cut through the ship at the forward and aft elevator lobbies (short blast of air conditioning), but it is a nice circuit. 

Doesn’t the Waterfront go around the stern?  I have a recollection of standing at the railing and looking down at the propeller churned water and being able to look down into the Manhattan Room.  I think there is a plexiglass floor panel you can stand on for an even better view.

• Like 1

Deck 8 is, by far, the best place on the ship most of the day.  I don't think it was ever that crowded and it was usually a nice, quiet place to relax.  Only downside is that it won't be a loop (unless you cut through) - you'll be swinging back and forth in a U pattern. 

• Like 1