Regal Princess E414

wrongwaywatson

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Very obstructed looking down. Completely. Not obstructed looking out. FWIW Emerald Decks 'obstructions' are the tenders. There aren't tenders between E403-E433 

Thank you!  They are a DW and ours is a BW.  I will ask our travel agent the rate difference.  

1 minute ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Thank you!  They are a DW and ours is a BW.  I will ask our travel agent the rate difference.  

DW: larger with sofa

BW: standard balcony, no sofa 

E414 will have almost no obstruction. The obstruction is the deck below that has chairs for people to sit out on. Nothing in front of you and not near any tenders or lifeboats. I had this cabin booked for a cruise and was happy about it, but just moved a few doors down to one with a bigger balcony.

Edited by aliciam
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:17 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

It is the same on both sides of the ship.  Looking down is basically the Promenade area.  Depending on the ship (Royal Class) and which side, you might see some outdoor tables for a dining venue.  Pick the side over the Shops and likely less people.  We have been in one of those mid-ship cabins on Emerald Deck a couple of times and never found an issue with the Promenade below.

• Like 1

These are unobstructed cabins, except for the open deck areas just below.

We love the Regal.  We have been in similar cabins in this mid-ship area.

They are great!

The one thing I would say about these on the Port side (the even numbers) is that you should be aware that Crooners is just below.  Some people report hearing sound/noise from Crooners.

These bumpout cabins with the larger balconies are great, with the extra space.

I didn't like that you could see the lights on the railings on the promenade below.

But, that was the only little thing that we noticed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is the same on both sides of the ship.  Looking down is basically the Promenade area.  Depending on the ship (Royal Class) and which side, you might see some outdoor tables for a dining venue.  Pick the side over the Shops and likely less people.  We have been in one of those mid-ship cabins on Emerald Deck a couple of times and never found an issue with the Promenade below.

Thank you!