Ship docked at Barcelona

crdtrnr

The NCL Epic is docking in Barcelona, port of call...

My question is, Is the nearest Metro within walking distance?  or is there a shuttle available?

I just plan to walk around, or take the metro to different areas...and I do not know if I can get there by walking, or do I need another way?

I was on the Epic in 2019, leaving from Barcelona, but I took a cab from my hotel to the ship at the time.  I do not know if it is easily accessable via foot.

Thanks

The Drasssanes Metro is at the foot of Las Ramblas. I have walked there, something like 1/2 hour, there are sidewalks all the way. There is also a port shuttle which drops passengers at the World Trade Centre, stops at all the Adossat terminals.

• Thanks 1

On numerous cruises I have sat on my balcony in Barcelona, on the EPIC (dockk A)  watching people walk to the ship.  The route is obvious but there is no shade so  in the summer it is not a pleasant walk.  The road also swings round so what is a short distance as the crow flies, in the middle of summer you could read from the body language of walkers that most were regretting the chance to walk off a few calories.   I used to sit there thinking “whyyy?” I am all for walking but this is a part of the day in Barcelona that I would choose to get transport.  There are port shuttles available but from the map it looks as if the route goes along the port before returning to the Columbus Statue 

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

To be honest in your place I would get a NCL shuttle into town - OR get a taxi to the first point of your route - especially if you are going to the Sagrada Familia - get there at about 8.45 with a timed entry ticket for 9 am..  Barcelona is one of my favourite cities but the tourist sites are quite spread out.  I would suggest planning your route ahead of time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, Dancer Bob said:

For those of us whose daily fitness routine involves an hour of walking, it's quite useful, especially if there's been a bunch of sea days.

I interpret the OP as someone who's not rushing from one tourist trap to another.

Like you I love walking, especially when on trips, such that my apple watch tracker gets exhausted.  However I think that the route from the Columbus Statue to the ship has nothing going for it.  No views and no respite from the sun - it looks brutal.  I would always suggest getting transport into town and saving the walking for the city centre 

• Like 1