MSC Meraviglia gym dumbbells

lor74

1 hour ago, lor74 said:

Hello

I will be going on my first MSC cruise, and was hoping that someone who is on board can tell me what the heaviest weight dumbbell is?

thanks in advance….

There's a gym on MSC Meraviglia?? 😉😁

• Haha 2

If I recall from last April '22, I believe they went to 70lbs. However, I was more impressed that they had barbells and a rack! First I've ever seen on a cruise ship. I did have to swipe some of the 45lb plates from the becnh press rack when doing deadlifts, oh well, they should gotten there first! (I did share with some guys between sets LOL). I did put some yoga mats underneath to keep from making too much noise. The ceiling was just barely high enough for me to also do clean and jerks, and I'm 6'2". One of the best at-sea gyms I've been in!

And, yes, I'm one of those cruisers who are there at 0659 waiting for them to open the doors...it's a problem I have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:37 PM, lor74 said:

Hello

I will be going on my first MSC cruise, and was hoping that someone who is on board can tell me what the heaviest weight dumbbell is?

thanks in advance….

I believe the heaviest I found was 30 kg. About 66lbs.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 9:35 AM, psmarkle said:

If I recall from last April '22, I believe they went to 70lbs. However, I was more impressed that they had barbells and a rack! First I've ever seen on a cruise ship. I did have to swipe some of the 45lb plates from the becnh press rack when doing deadlifts, oh well, they should gotten there first! (I did share with some guys between sets LOL). I did put some yoga mats underneath to keep from making too much noise. The ceiling was just barely high enough for me to also do clean and jerks, and I'm 6'2". One of the best at-sea gyms I've been in!

And, yes, I'm one of those cruisers who are there at 0659 waiting for them to open the doors...it's a problem I have.

Thanks for the info!  Was hoping for 80s, but 70 is still good as many gyms only go to 50