Statendam cabin (5129) next to elevator. Is there noise coming thru the cabin walls?

majmaj4

I would not have expected elevator noise nor even the BING noises to come through the walls. And in fact on CruiseDeckPlans, someone in your neighboring inside 5108, reported "Very quiet location but sofa not usable for seating." There are photos of the sofa with room for a person's legs just the depth of the width of the nightstand. Possibly the approach to that space may have been too tight for easy access?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, majmaj4 said:

I was looking at cabins on the Statendam.  The one midship interior cabin (5129) is right next to the elevator.  Has anyone been in the cabins next to the elevator.  Is there noise?

Here is a gallery, with written details, for a similar cabin one deck up on the Koningsdam (sister ship to the Nieuw Statendam). 

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/6127-koningsdam/

• Thanks 1

I have been right next to the glass elevators on a couple ships and never heard a peep from the elevators themselves. Only noise we've heard is the occasional loud group- laughing, etc, which is limited to the amount of time it takes the elevator to arrive/depart.