Upgrade from Crown Suite to Star?

Just got an offer to do an upgrade bid. In 20 cruises never had this happen. Is it worth it to bid minimum of 840 a person from crown loft to star loft on Allure?  I estimate that we wud get enough free goodies, beverages, meals etc to make it about 300 a person actual cost. I’ve done a little research. Looks like it includes a dining table and a little more space. Anything else REALLY better in the cabin or is it just the perks I would pay for?

9 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

In 20 cruises never had this happen.

Royal Up started about 5 years ago and if you cruised in that time, they were likely available, you maybe didn't notice or didn't get the offer (for various reasons).

With the very limited number of star class suites available, it’s very unlikely you’ll get upgraded from a crown loft to one of the three or four star class suites available on the ships. Those book out way in advance. I guess it could happen if someone were to cancel, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

How many Star Class suites are there?  On Oasis, for example, I counted about 11 (Ultimate, Grand and Owners Panoramic suites, 2 Star Loft Suites and 6 2br Aquatheater suites).  Is it the same for Allure and the newer ships?  We currently have a Star Loft booked on Allure but I can’t see the others.  I’m in the process of booking Utopia, although I wish there were longer voyages on that one.

On a 7 night cruise, the drink package alone works out to ~ $600/pp, and the dining package adds another ~$300/pp. Those two benefits alone cover an $840/pp bid. This is probably one of those occasions where we would only bid the minimum if we were already in a CLS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DigiPro said:

How many Star Class suites are there?  On Oasis, for example, I counted about 11 (Ultimate, Grand and Owners Panoramic suites, 2 Star Loft Suites and 6 2br Aquatheater suites).  Is it the same for Allure and the newer ships?  We currently have a Star Loft booked on Allure but I can’t see the others.  I’m in the process of booking Utopia, although I wish there were longer voyages on that one.

Depends on the ship.  O has 4 more Star Class than their newer sisters (the owners and grand panoramic suites and the 2 ultimate panoramic suites on the front of the ship). Allure has 2 more (the owners and grand panoramics but not the ultimate panoranics).  Wonder and Utopia are the worst as they have removed the SC Loft suites completely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

On a 7 night cruise, the drink package alone works out to ~ $600/pp, and the dining package adds another ~$300/pp. Those two benefits alone cover an $840/pp bid. This is probably one of those occasions where we would only bid the minimum if we were already in a CLS.

Add laundry to this as well.  If used, it is a big $ perk.

• Like 1

It really depends on which of those perks you would actually use, not their full value.  We usually sail in sky class but we’re also diamond plus so we get drink and laundry and some specialty dining perks already.  The genie sounds great but I guess you can’t miss what you don’t know 🙂