Back on QV

exlondoner

8 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

Well, here’s one: “It’s a little clash of temperament that’s going on in there—inevitably. One of them is half-mad, and the other, wholly unscrupulous.”

Edited by elmsliebev

15 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Sorry… unfamiliar with that term…however if you

asked me what the proper form is to wearing what time of the day to wear diamonds I’m sure I cam oblige

Dearest Roscoe, 

"What is a week- end???" is another Dowager Countess saying - like yourself she was of Upper class/ Royalty...every day is the same except on Sunday for church services / local gossip catch up...err I mean......

Why should she have knowledge of the working class lives & schedules????

8 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Maybe not a tiara, although.....if you were walking clockwise you might get away with it...

One should always take off one piece of jewelry before walking out the cabin door for the evening...

that's why wearing the largest diamond possible is the wisest choice!!!

As far as tiaras are concerned - only colored stone are acceptable during the day (unless you are Princess Margaret or Liz Taylor or a drag queen w limited funds).

It is quite acceptable on Cunard to find one on the floor the morning after a gala still wearing a tiara....and hopefully ones pants!!!

I always wear one of my tiaras at home- the check out people at the grocery store always ask to try mine on & never reject the expired coupons I thrust upon them!!!(I just say my butler messed up again).

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

but it hasn't got "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars." from Now, Voyager (Bette Davis & Paul Heindred), partly set on a cruise ship. I think that film sparked my fascination with cruising. 

Ooops, of course it's there! Phew. 

I should hope it's there. Great line from a wonderful movie. My mother loved that movie. I wonder if that's where she got her desire to cruise. Wish I'd thought of that question while she was still here. My interest in cruising came from hers. We saw Mom and Dad off, and I KNEW I wanted to cruise. 

One night at dinner on QE2, we were doing the "desert island" thing--if you could take only 5 movies, what would you choose? My five all included ships--Now Voyager. Sabrina (the original), An Affair to Remember (Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr), Shall We Dance (Fred and Ginger) and I can't remember the fifth one. 

• Like 2

This quote sums up all that is important in LIFE - whether onboard a luxury Liner or on land - 

"Always remember two things: I love you and the name of the bank."

Molly Brown - from the movie - "THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN"

I would like to add to that  "& the combination of the safe"

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

Dearest Roscoe, 

"What is a week- end???" is another Dowager Countess saying - like yourself she was of Upper class/ Royalty...every day is the same except on Sunday for church services / local gossip catch up...err I mean......

Why should she have knowledge of the working class lives & schedules????

Aaaah sorry still a little unsure… is that something they have in brittania?

46 minutes ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

They probably do have IT in Brittania but certainly it wouldn't be allowed in THE GRILLS onboard!!!!

Get me the Captain.....

ooooh Don't ask him, after all he's Crew and I never dine with the crew