Bar menus

camper49

Silly question but — to anyone who has actually used the OceanNow app, are you able to click on a particular drink to get a description/ingredients AND/OR a space to give special instructions?  For example, a bay breeze is my go-to drink, but I generally order it in a tall glass (cuz I’m a lightweight and have to pace myself! 🤪). Thinking I will love this app but hope I can read a description and customize drinks, food, etc.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Silly question but — to anyone who has actually used the OceanNow app, are you able to click on a particular drink to get a description/ingredients AND/OR a space to give special instructions?  For example, a bay breeze is my go-to drink, but I generally order it in a tall glass (cuz I’m a lightweight and have to pace myself! 🤪). Thinking I will love this app but hope I can read a description and customize drinks, food, etc.

Thanks!!

No customizing unless there’s something I don’t know about. My husband drinks Old Fashioned and they make them with a splash of soda on Princess ships, which he hates so we can never order from the app. And what’s frustrating to me is when a wine is out of stock, you order it, wait 45 minutes for someone to show up and tell you it’s out of stock and then you can’t order something else with them and have to wait all over again. Why can’t the app just say “out of stock” and not let you order it? Sometimes it’s easier to just walk up to the bar unless you order something generic.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coopco said:

Sometimes it’s easier to just walk up to the bar unless you order something generic.

Rats!! That’s what I kind of expected. But thanks for letting me know. Guess it will work great for a pina colada — if it makes it before it melts!🤪

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Thanks!!

Another reason I just walk up to a bar and order. That way I get what I want

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Rats!! That’s what I kind of expected. But thanks for letting me know. Guess it will work great for a pina colada — if it makes it before it melts!🤪

It’s a love hate scenario. Don’t order at lunch on the Lido deck because you will need to wait for a runner to bring it to your table and you’ll be done with lunch before that happens. On the other hand if you are watching a football game on MUTS, order from the app. Way better than going to the bar and missing a big play and you’ll be watching the game so you don’t mind the wait. If you are guarding a table for the sushi venue and don’t want to lose your table, order your drinks in advance from the app so you don’t lose your table and quite frankly, you’ll get it quicker than from your waiter. You will learn when it’s good to order from the app and when it’s best to go to the bar. And it’s way convenient when you can order from the app and it works for your situation. Like if you are getting ready for dinner and want a cocktail in your cabin while you are getting ready, that’s way better than walking to a bar and we normally book a cabin on the Lido deck so we can make a short walk. Just depends on the situation, which you will learn trial and error. Have fun on your cruise! Fun, fun, fun.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2023 at 7:19 PM, Thrak said:

Edit: Further scrolling gets me to this:

image.png.f8c7fb9b08c0bdb6522b96200bb06337.png

I am thinking the bar photos are like the ones of QSR burgers that look amazing and at least double the true size.  Is the above a realistic single pour?  I am thinking not likely.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:22 PM, dixiejen said:

Thanks!!

Nope and this has been one of my main beefs with Ocean Now since it's launch.  There is also no OTHER option for drinks not on the default menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking the bar photos are like the ones of QSR burgers that look amazing and at least double the true size.  Is the above a realistic single pour?  I am thinking not likely.

Not even close. I normally order doubles and they aren't as big as the picture unless that is a special tiny glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never trust the picture in the menu in the app.

Note the generic picture below. Not even vaguely correct. It demonstrates how "accurate" the depiction of the drinks is. Bailey's, Amaretto, Drambuie, Grand Marnier, Jagermeister, Kahlua, and Sambuca all share the same bogus picture that looks more like a White Russian.

image.png.bfbbe9bd01640157e5dabb7403655b4e.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, coopco said:

Like if you are getting ready for dinner and want a cocktail in your cabin while you are getting ready, that’s way better than walking to a bar

coopco, you’re a genius!! I can order a little drinkie in my cabin while in rollers and no make-up — cuz I wouldn’t subject even total strangers to that hot mess!🤪 Sounds like I better be flexible in my expectations when I order though…

Big thanks to everyone for letting me know what to expect!