Bliss vs Encore

Monica887

Got home yesterday from the Escape and already planning the next! 

Alaska, next summer - Bliss vs Encore.

I've never done either. Pros and cons of each? Possible Haven, but not necessarily. Bliss has the slightly better itinerary (an extra port) but not enough to fully sway me. 

Just now, Monica887 said:

Got home yesterday from the Escape and already planning the next! 

Alaska, next summer - Bliss vs Encore.

I've never done either. Pros and cons of each? Possible Haven, but not necessarily. Bliss has the slightly better itinerary (an extra port) but not enough to fully sway me. 

Pick an itinerary that goes to a glacier Bay. That is normally the Encore. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Pick an itinerary that goes to a glacier Bay. That is normally the Encore. 

Yes - I was wondering if Glacier Bay on the Encore made up for the extra port on the Bliss. So that's helpful. What about the ships?

25 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Yes - I was wondering if Glacier Bay on the Encore made up for the extra port on the Bliss. So that's helpful. What about the ships?

The ships are nearly identical. Yeah, the Encore does not have a Spice H20, but it has more limited use in Alaska. 

FWIW, we sail Alaska every year and will be on the Encore in a couple of weeks. In a Spa Club Balcony. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The ships are nearly identical. Yeah, the Encore does not have a Spice H20, but it has more limited use in Alaska. 

FWIW, we sail Alaska every year and will be on the Encore in a couple of weeks. In a Spa Club Balcony. 

Thanks. If we don't do Haven, I would want an aft balcony, which I've never done. I would likely get the spa pass, but don't think I need a full spa room. 

Just my opinion. I’ve done Bliss, Encore, Jewel, plus other lines to Alaska. I prefer the N S routes to/from Seward-Vancouver. Why? Less open ocean, traverse the inland passage, longer times in port, more glaciers, and no Victoria port. I know Jewel is smaller with less bells and whistles, but we enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, libtrek said:

Just my opinion. I’ve done Bliss, Encore, Jewel, plus other lines to Alaska. I prefer the N S routes to/from Seward-Vancouver. Why? Less open ocean, traverse the inland passage, longer times in port, more glaciers, and no Victoria port. I know Jewel is smaller with less bells and whistles, but we enjoy it.

I'd like to do that at some point, but going in and out of Seattle is just easier. We had disaster of travel getting to Vancouver last year. I also want Denali, but that's only over 7 days. I'm leaving my kids home, so I feel like I can't go for more than a week, and I need it to be easy to get to port. I do really like the Jewel and would be more than happy with the smaller ship. 

2 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I'd like to do that at some point, but going in and out of Seattle is just easier. We had disaster of travel getting to Vancouver last year. I also want Denali, but that's only over 7 days. I'm leaving my kids home, so I feel like I can't go for more than a week, and I need it to be easy to get to port. I do really like the Jewel and would be more than happy with the smaller ship. 

We travel from Detroit. Flew direct to Seattle. Took a nice bus to Vancouver. Coming home ended in Seward. Took beautiful train ride to Anchorage, flew home from there. I agree going/returning to Seattle is easier. Next year we are doing a B2B on Jewel. Haven’t decided which way to do it yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, libtrek said:

YES  Have done it several times and love it.

7 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

The Bliss or Encore are similar to the Escape. Both replace 1/3 of the rooms on Deck 15 with an Observation Lounge. 

We sailed to Alaska in an aft facing room last year. Beautiful views. 

• Like 1