Family Suite on Ruby

latebloomer56

Can't find any information for a family suite on any Princess ship. Was looking at Ruby but not even anything on you tube. Has anybody sailed in these cabin on any Princess ship? Was checking to see if twin beds are OK for adults? We have traveled in 2 bedroom suites on NCL several times but would love family to experience Alaska on Princess. We also have a teenage grandson who would have the sofa bed.

Thanks so much.

We just sailed on Ruby Princess in one of the two Family Suites (D101/105).  D105 is "mini-suite" room, with beds that be either singles or a queen.  There is not a lot of privacy in this bedroom from the living room.  We purchased some "blackout" curtains from Amazon and hung them from the ceiling using magnetic hooks.  D101 is an inside cabin attached to the living room.  There are four single beds (with upper beds that fold down).  My mother and a family friend slept in this room.  They had no issues with the beds.  We did not check out the sofa bed in the living room area.  In D105, there was only one couch and two barrel chairs.  (I've seen some pictures and videos where there were two couches.)  You should note that the Family Suites are considered Full Suites so you'll have all of the Full Suite amenities (like free laundry service).  If you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

Frederick

368149797_1050436976339180_4986816442161573240_n.jpg

368224775_255874947267956_8571702812922306862_n.jpg

368296808_801869441418039_4906546841857000309_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, fsdorado said:

We just sailed on Ruby Princess in one of the two Family Suites (D101/105).  D105 is "mini-suite" room, with beds that be either singles or a queen.  There is not a lot of privacy in this bedroom from the living room.  We purchased some "blackout" curtains from Amazon and hung them from the ceiling using magnetic hooks.  D101 is an inside cabin attached to the living room.  There are four single beds (with upper beds that fold down).  My mother and a family friend slept in this room.  They had no issues with the beds.  We did not check out the sofa bed in the living room area.  In D105, there was only one couch and two barrel chairs.  (I've seen some pictures and videos where there were two couches.)  You should note that the Family Suites are considered Full Suites so you'll have all of the Full Suite amenities (like free laundry service).  If you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

Frederick

368149797_1050436976339180_4986816442161573240_n.jpg

368224775_255874947267956_8571702812922306862_n.jpg

368296808_801869441418039_4906546841857000309_n.jpg

That is so clever hanging the curtains. This is great information I have never sailed this far forward so that will be me for us as well. With the single bathroom did you find this an issue? Or did the inside attached have their own? It is so hard getting any information. I will speak to the guys then let the TA find us what we would like. Was looking at two minis E723 is what I generally try to book but did have E731 & E729 last time we were on Ruby with friends. Like family all together when possible.

So excited somebody had answers, thank you so much.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

With the single bathroom did you find this an issue? Or did the inside attached have their own?

The inside cabin is a regular inside cabin with its own bathroom.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Can't find any information for a family suite on any Princess ship. Was looking at Ruby but not even anything on you tube. Has anybody sailed in these cabin on any Princess ship? Was checking to see if twin beds are OK for adults? We have traveled in 2 bedroom suites on NCL several times but would love family to experience Alaska on Princess. We also have a teenage grandson who would have the sofa bed.

Thanks so much.

There's videos of the family suite on Caribbean and Grand Princess. Ruby's family suite will be virtually identical.

https://youtu.be/ibZTKCKsS1k

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Knickearth said:

We were just on the Ruby and they are pairing up the owners suite with an inside cabin to form the family suite.  So it doesn’t look like any of the pics shown here.  You have to call princess to reserve the family suite.

Yes, our travel agent had to call Princess to get the family suites.  They go quickly so get in touch with Princess ASAP.  @Knickearth Your "Family Suite" was way nicer than our "official" Family Suite.

Frederick

10 hours ago, Knickearth said:

We were just on the Ruby and they are pairing up the owners suite with an inside cabin to form the family suite.  So it doesn’t look like any of the pics shown here.  You have to call princess to reserve the family suite.

I sent out TA an email to see what she can book us in for next July.

Thanks everybody as always.

14 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

That is so clever hanging the curtains. This is great information I have never sailed this far forward so that will be me for us as well. With the single bathroom did you find this an issue? Or did the inside attached have their own? It is so hard getting any information. I will speak to the guys then let the TA find us what we would like. Was looking at two minis E723 is what I generally try to book but did have E731 & E729 last time we were on Ruby with friends. Like family all together when possible.

So excited somebody had answers, thank you so much.

As Thrak mentioned, D101 is a typical inside stateroom with its own bathroom.  That was one of the big selling points to the Family Suite.  One of the other nice things about the Family Suite is the very large balcony, right at the front of the ship.  There were two chairs that recline with separate foot rests and a table with four chairs.  The down side is that it's very exposed so it could get very windy.

Frederick

• Like 1

On a minor note, it's a LONG walk to the very front of the ship.  My mother and I would take advantage of the Suite Breakfast every morning at Sabatini's (far aft, deck 16).  The walk definitely spurred our appetites!!  There was also a lot more motion that midship.  On our Inside Passage cruise, it was only really noticeable on the first two nights (up the coast of California).  The seas were pretty calm on the journey back south to San Francisco.

Frederick

19 hours ago, reedprincess said:

There's videos of the family suite on Caribbean and Grand Princess. Ruby's family suite will be virtually identical.

https://youtu.be/ibZTKCKsS1k

The former owners suite which is becoming the family suite on the Ruby, had a dining table with 4 chairs and two more chairs elsewhere,  at rear of room there were two armchairs and a couch.  Other side of room had tv, large mirror and a wet bar.  The bedroom was separate with a wonderful king size bed.  The bathroom was two rooms.  One with large shower with glass door and a large jacuzzi tub.  The other room had a toilet and sink area.

10 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

The former owners suite which is becoming the family suite on the Ruby, had a dining table with 4 chairs and two more chairs elsewhere,  at rear of room there were two armchairs and a couch.  Other side of room had tv, large mirror and a wet bar.  The bedroom was separate with a wonderful king size bed.  The bathroom was two rooms.  One with large shower with glass door and a large jacuzzi tub.  The other room had a toilet and sink area.

Wow!!  That's way better than the current Mini-Suite plus Inside that we were in.  We had a tub/shower combo in our bathroom.

20 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I'm curious how they're doing this as there are no insides attached/next to/interconnecting with the Owners Suite.

Are you saying they're putting the guests in two entirely separate rooms? 

IE: A752 or A753 and then the other persons in the family/booking in a separate interior like A748 or A749?  How would that even work?  Family going up and down the hallway to get between the two cabins, kinda defeats the purpose.  And then, comes the perks part - are those insides then coded as suites somehow?  

I'm genuinely curious.

The actual 2 family suites are connected inside by the living room space - as noted, the mini-suite bedroom section isn't all that private overall.. 

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

I'm curious how they're doing this as there are no insides attached/next to/interconnecting with the Owners Suite.

Are you saying they're putting the guests in two entirely separate rooms? 

IE: A752 or A753 and then the other persons in the family/booking in a separate interior like A748 or A749?  How would that even work?  Family going up and down the hallway to get between the two cabins, kinda defeats the purpose.  And then, comes the perks part - are those insides then coded as suites somehow?  

I'm genuinely curious.

The actual 2 family suites are connected inside by the living room space - as noted, the mini-suite bedroom section isn't all that private overall.. 

To be honest I have no idea how they are doing this