Tours from Reykjavik that start at 12pm noon

Meishie

We will be arriving on the Celebrity Silhouette on September 3rd at 11:30am, and I am having difficulty finding any tours of the South Shore/Coast that are available for our mid-day arrival - most tours begin at 8am or 9am. I have found Golden Circle tours with availability but that would be my second choice. 

Any tips/names would be much appreciated!

The South Coast tour from Reykjavik is a full day tour — iirc, the one we did a few years ago was about 10 hours. A very long day, but well worth it. I’m sure that’s why you are having problems finding such a tour with such a late start. 

You might try contacting private tour operators recommended here, and see if there’s a small private tour they could offer you (and perhaps a group from your Roll Call).

Some folks may suggest you rent a car. That’s not something we did, so I can’t help

with that. 

Good luck! 

Problem with a South coast tour starting that late in September is you won't be able to see all the attractions before dark.

If you can get a big enough group together thru your Roll Call you might be able to book a private tour thru any of the usual providers at a reasonable price

We'll be on the same cruise with you! We are group of 8 have booked the Golden circle, blue lagoon SMALL GROUP Tour with BUSTRAVEL ICELAND. 

We are trying to contact them at moment since the ship arrive time has been changed from 11:30 to 12:00pm dock! You can find them on traipadvisor too!

We have docked in Reykjavik three times and never managed to do a south coast tour due to the distance and the many hours needed.

I am thinking that if you cannot find a tour with such a late start, you may need to consider a plan B such as the Golden Circle.

There’s a reason many of us feel Iceland is best seen as a land trip.  You just can’t easily get to many places from the ports. I agree a south coast tour will not be feasible other than a private tour where you’re willing to pay someone to get you as far as you can go. That would be very pricey, around $1,000 for a private guide for the day. 

Edited by ljandgb

32 minutes ago, ljandgb said:

There’s a reason many of us feel Iceland is best seen as a land trip.  You just can’t easily get to many places from the ports. I agree a south coast tour will not be feasible other than a private tour where you’re willing to pay someone to get you as far as you can go. That would be very pricey, around $1,000 for a private guide for the day. 

Agreed, but with 10 or 12 people, that price isn't such a bad one.  Especially in Iceland!  🙂