No package, Ocean Now activation, Free room delivery?

adventurenerd

I hope some one can answer my question from their own experience.

I was wondering,,, without package (Plus...etc) then activate Ocean Now delivery by paying one time fee, can I order food and drinks using Ocean Now from my room without paying room service charge?

Thanks. 

Mo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sonoma03 said:

The FAQ states that the $5 room service fee applies to each order placed by stateroom phone, so if you order using OceanNow, the $5 fee should not apply.

Thank you.  I hope that is the case.  I will find out on my next Princess cruise😄

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Using Ocean Now delivery does include to a cabin and the $5 RS fee doesn't apply.  If you use cabin phone to call RS and order food or drink, then $5/order is charged.

How do you change out your minibar without calling room service?  I know the steward can do that, but should he have to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How do you change out your minibar without calling room service?  I know the steward can do that, but should he have to?

As they have stated (previous posts including responses from Princess to that question) minibar changes outs are not considered to be a room service delivery. 

28 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I use the steward but might try crew chat line on my next voyage .... just to get activating ON out of the way. 

50 minutes ago, ldtr said:

As they have stated (previous posts including responses from Princess to that question) minibar changes outs are not considered to be a room service delivery. 

32 minutes ago, Quenby said:

You used to have to call Room Service, but now they have the room steward handle it.

Still ends up with RS to handle the task.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quenby said:

You used to have to call Room Service, but now they have the room steward handle it.

It varies by ship. On Majestic the Steward does it. Mine went and retrieved the new items himself.  On other ships it still goes through room service. No one knows for sure what the process will be next month on any given ship.