Splash of Romance questions

tbmrt

Six of us decided to book Splash of Romance packages for our Brilliant Lady cruise, mainly for early access & thermal spa passes.

Can one couple with SOR go to spa on embarkation day to book times for all?  I'm thinking one couple can book shows for all upon embarkation and another the thermal spa times.

Can times be easily changed?  If so, must we visit spa or can this be done through Sailor Services?

Is sailaway for SOR better than regular sailaway party?  I understand the place for it changes, correct?

Can SOR be cancelled and rembursement made?  (We already paid thru TA for this)

To book the spa you just walk to the reception desk and give names and cabin number. I guess someone could do it for someone else. You can probably phone them from the cabin too.

Don’t think it’s ever fully booked so don’t stress.

The splash of romance party is on a different night, it’s not the first night sailaway. So you can go to the main sailaway and then on another evening there will be the splash of romance party. It’s usually at The Perch deck 17. Might not even be as the ship sails away. But it’s an hour of sparkling wine and/or sangria.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've never been able to book spa services thru Sailor Services.  Even on the first day, they have the spa people out making bookings.  They do not do dinner bookings or changes either...so based on that, I think you'd have to contact the spa to book or change.  

Thanks, Jon.  I was totally confused by the question about the SOR "sail away" party."  You'll get written info about where and when it is located, but it is definitely not the first night. We've seen inside and outside locations used depending on winds.  It doesn't have the  happenings cast dancing and stuff like sail away does--there is usually a musical entertainer and choice of a bubbly and sangria.  If outside, the drinks are pretty watered down as the ice melts quickly.

32 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

sea day late mornings/early afternoons get pretty freaking close to full!!!

That’s probably true, but I bet a lot of people still book day-of or similar. It’s just not a booking to stress over needing to sort out immediately after boarding!

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

How late do spa bookings go? My wife and I prefer relaxing in the spa in the evenings then going to bed thereafter. Best sleep ever!

There are evening sessions.  I'm not sure if they end at 9 or 10.

We just booked our first VV cruise on Brilliant Lady, but the App is saying that the ship is not yet available.  So, I don’t even know what SoR is.. and I thought I had read no thermal suites!  Where can I find this information???

5 hours ago, poohterp said:

We just booked our first VV cruise on Brilliant Lady, but the App is saying that the ship is not yet available.  So, I don’t even know what SoR is.. and I thought I had read no thermal suites!  Where can I find this information???

As far as anyone knows the ships will offer the same facilities, but until people are allowed on BL we won’t know for certain. The app doesn’t list information about the thermal spa anyway. Website page is here  
https://www.virginvoyages.com/fitness-spa#relax-space But there will be YouTube video tours.

11 hours ago, poohterp said:

We just booked our first VV cruise on Brilliant Lady, but the App is saying that the ship is not yet available.

Yep, it'll probably show up about the time dinner reservations are available for the Rockstar Agents, 60 days before its first cruise from Miami.  

54 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Yep, it'll probably show up about the time dinner reservations are available for the Rockstar Agents, 60 days before its first cruise from Miami.  

Although shore things bookings open at 120 days so might start to appear in the next few days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Is it starting off in Miami?  We are sailing her from San Juan.  So, I can manage my booking only online and then once I’m approx 120 days out (or the ship appears on the app) I can manage my onboard experience.  Got it!  

5 minutes ago, poohterp said:

Is it starting off in Miami?  We are sailing her from San Juan.  So, I can manage my booking only online and then once I’m approx 120 days out (or the ship appears on the app) I can manage my onboard experience.  Got it!  

It’s weird because Brilliant Lady is a new ship so not on the app yet, but for the other ships you can start check in immediately after booking, so I expect as soon as the app is working for BL you’ll be able to check in. Then at 120 days book excursions and 45 days book dining. 

17 hours ago, poohterp said:

Yes, first sailing is four or five days from Miami to San Juan. Then a one day party / press event for the local press and dignitaries in San Juan. Then the MerMaiden.  I have friends who booked both not realizing it's not a true back to back. They have to debark the ship for one day and then come back for embarkation the next day.

17 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It’s weird because Brilliant Lady is a new ship so not on the app yet, but for the other ships you can start check in immediately after booking, so I expect as soon as the app is working for BL you’ll be able to check in. Then at 120 days book excursions and 45 days book dining. 

It's because Brilliant Lady is not finished yet. Nor is the schedule. It's very possible they're going to reveal some sort of a surprise on her and that's one reason why she's not showing up on the app yet. VV has said they would keep all four ships identical but it's always possible they may have tweaked one of the restaurants based on customer feedback. 

34 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

It's because Brilliant Lady is not finished yet. Nor is the schedule. It's very possible they're going to reveal some sort of a surprise on her and that's one reason why she's not showing up on the app yet. VV has said they would keep all four ships identical but it's always possible they may have tweaked one of the restaurants based on customer feedback. 

I know BL isn’t finished yet, hence my post about it being a weird situation where you can’t do check in yet, whereas on the other ships you can check in immediately after booking.