Should I book drink and internet package now or onboard

tiggerbbt

Sailing with other family members (booked separately). My aunt was able to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package using her OBC (and received her loyalty status savings) by phoning Azamara. I tried to do the same thing, and was told I could only book the Ultimate Beverage Package using OBC once I was on the ship, would have to pay for it using a credit card to order it now.

So very much a case of YMMV.

Getting connected (from the US) was only a short wait, so not overly upset, just find the lack of consistency people are facing ridiculous. (plus it is stupid to not be able to use the OBC now)

• Like 1

The upgraded drink package is also charged beginning the day you upgrade. You might try what is part of you package or bring a bottle on board and pay $10 corkage. I found wine in most ports which was superior to what was served even paying the corkage. If you want topline hard liquor the drink package might be better value to you but for me it wasn't. You can see what is supposed to be available but don't count on them having what you see here

https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 7:08 PM, sczcardfan said:

Sailing with other family members (booked separately). My aunt was able to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package using her OBC (and received her loyalty status savings) by phoning Azamara. I tried to do the same thing, and was told I could only book the Ultimate Beverage Package using OBC once I was on the ship, would have to pay for it using a credit card to order it now.

So very much a case of YMMV.

Getting connected (from the US) was only a short wait, so not overly upset, just find the lack of consistency people are facing ridiculous. (plus it is stupid to not be able to use the OBC now)

I think your aunt might have been lucky. I never had any luck getting a loyalty discount applied for any packages until we are on board. And that is from the days when Azamara was part of RCCL. I stopped trying a few years ago, and now just purchase the booze upgrade on board. 

• Like 1

There is no advantage in trying to book a drinks package before you get onboard.  Do it on the ship.  It's so easy.  Besides, by the time you cruise your circumstances might change and you don't want one.  For me it's also better because the bar staff on the ship get credit for selling drinks packages and I've made a friend right at the start!

Phil

• Like 7

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is no advantage in trying to book a drinks package before you get onboard.  Do it on the ship.  It's so easy.  Besides, by the time you cruise your circumstances might change and you don't want one.  For me it's also better because the bar staff on the ship get credit for selling drinks packages and I've made a friend right at the start!

Phil

So, better upgrading the drinks package at one of the bars? I thought I would have to do it at Guest  Services.

6 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

So, better upgrading the drinks package at one of the bars? I thought I would have to do it at Guest  Services.

Go and see one of the bar tenders. They do have a desk set up in various spots too, but I just head to my favourite spot (either Pool Bar or the bar at the back of Windows if I'm on Quest or Journey). 

Phil 

• Like 5