Anyone ever taken a NYC tour from the Manhattan terminal with drop off at LGA?

RBAT10

We booked the NCL Escape on 10/1/23 thinking the Free at Sea deal for airfare was a plus. Our post-cruise flight home was scheduled at 1:30 PM but Delta chose to screw us by cancelling it and has placed us on an 8:30PM flight home from LGA.  NCL Air desk won't help with another flight and Delta doesn't

have any others to CAE. .You know the deal. We either sit in the terminal all day waiting for our flight or use the time for a short city tour. Any one have ideas?

I had the NCL one booked once upon a time but it got cancelled due to lack of interest.  Apparently most of the people on the ship lived in the NY area, very few people flying home!

Unfortunately, I'd booked the excursion early to force a later flight - and that backfired, so I got to sit in the airport and wait and wait and wait.  Couldn't check my luggage until 4 hours before the flight - and to add insult to injury, Delta didn't have a TSA pre-check station so I had to unpack all my stuff to get through security.

I booked the post cruise late flight ncl tour last fall after the Prima TA and it was a surprisingly decent tour. The $50 shore excursion credits are valid for post cruise tours like this one. I think the ncl airfare tacks on the pre and post cruise transfer which is just a transfer and not a tour.  Pretty sure you’re able to get a refund for post cruise transfer and then book the late flight tour with airport drop off.  We had a great tour guide, got to keep luggage onboard the bus and they gave us a city tour and let us get off a few places. It was an inexpensive no hassle end to vacation.  I think we got dropped off at lga around 3pm and still had some time to kill before flight.  Delta just recently opened a nice sky club there so check to see how you can get entry.  Delta reserve credit card offers complementary entry but there’s a few other ways to gain entry for a comfortable place to hang out and grab a meal before flight. 

Edited by littlelulu01

Give NYC Perfect Transportation a look.  You could do a post cruise NYC 3-4 hour tour with them and then they transport you to the airport.  We've used them a few times and have always loved their service.  Actually working on booking them again for Oct cruise

Screwed? What?! You have an entire day in the greatest city on earth. I'm from NY. I won't be changing my mind.

Have some pizza. Get some Italian. Wander Chinatown. Get a carriage ride in Central Park. Go to the zoo. Sip some coffee. Be grateful you have an entire day to wander the city. 

Gosh. Why the desire to rush home? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Screwed? What?! You have an entire day in the greatest city on earth. I'm from NY. I won't be changing my mind.

Have some pizza. Get some Italian. Wander Chinatown. Get a carriage ride in Central Park. Go to the zoo. Sip some coffee. Be grateful you have an entire day to wander the city. 

Gosh. Why the desire to rush home? 

Luggage? I know there are places you can pay to store, not sure how safe they are.

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Luggage? I know there are places you can pay to store, not sure how safe they are.

Just don't pack a lot. We've explored Manhattan the morning of a cruise with our cruise luggage. And, on foot, though if elderly or disabled I understand that may not be an option. You're right about luggage storage places. They are abundant. OP can head over to the port of call section to find lots of luggage storage options in the city. 

But, Bounce and Luggage Hero come to my mind.