Dress code for teenagers MDR

Hi there! I am sure this has been asked a million times but we leave Sunday with 2 teenage boys and a 10 year old boy.  Would they be turned away from dinner in the MDR for wearing golf shorts and nice flip flop style sandals? Doing the last minute rush shopping trip.  They have formal wear but wouldn't wear slacks in their day to day lives. Thank you in advance!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 2plus8isenough said:

Hi there! I am sure this has been asked a million times but we leave Sunday with 2 teenage boys and a 10 year old boy.  Would they be turned away from dinner in the MDR for wearing golf shorts and nice flip flop style sandals? Doing the last minute rush shopping trip.  They have formal wear but wouldn't wear slacks in their day to day lives. Thank you in advance!!

Perfectly fine for adults as well as teens/kids. Pretty much anything but swimwear/tank tops is acceptable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Shorts, a hoodie and air pods in situ should be fine. Probably best if they don’t say anything coherent either! All based on my own experience of bringing up 7 of them! 

We have 8 and goodness do I understand that!!

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Sounds fine to me.  As I said a little while ago on another thread:  Cover the torso and the feet.  Golf shorts are nice, and sandals are fine, too.

Thank you so much! I didn't think it would be an issue as long as it's not the formal nights but wanted to make sure.

4 minutes ago, 2plus8isenough said:

as long as it's not the formal nights

FWIW, you’ll see plenty of people dressed the same on formal night as any other night. Dress however you see fit on those nights too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2plus8isenough said:

Shorts are fine for all guests, kids and adults, all nights (including the non-existing Formal Night). No problem. If they don't dress in slacks to come to dinner at home, then they certainly shouldn't while on vacation. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2plus8isenough said:

Thank you so much! I didn't think it would be an issue as long as it's not the formal nights but wanted to make sure.

Shorts are fine on Formal Night. 

This was the predominant attire on the Wonder of the Seas on "Formal Night"

image.thumb.png.c47cba7c1ff06863908dfeb689d77333.png