How do you pack light? Laundry?

McFins

35 minutes ago, TequilaKen said:

There is a product called Sink Suds that has worked well in washing socks, gym clothes, etc (anything you'd be willing to wash in the sink).  I often travel for a month or more at a time and sometimes this has been useful.

Do you have to rinse with Sink Suds?

I use Soak because it’s no rinse needed and use to use Eucalan which is similar but I’m now allergic to it.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Please elaborate. Thanks!

I don’t know why this double posted!!

5 tops, 4 bottoms, 3 dresses, 3 shoes, 2 swimsuits, 2 accessories, 1 hat, 1 sunglasses

its an example and can be tweaked according to gender, destination, and style. I looked at my pieces and then made over 80 outfits. It’s a framework that works to make a capsule wardrobe for traveling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, graphicguy said:

I use this roll aboard, which fits in the overhead….and a back pack, which fits under the seat in front of me.  That’s it.  I think I look as dapper as anyone else on the ship.  Downy Wrinkle Free spray helps.

IMG_0475.jpeg

Wow.  That will be my new goal.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 9:40 AM, HoosierShipmate said:

Every time I travel, as I’m packing to depart I declare I’m packing less on my next trip.  I practically live in my swimsuit all week during the day, need 1-2 pairs of shorts and some shirts for dinner. Add underwear and I should have what I need.  Instead I end up packing like my wife and daughter, and have several swimsuits (need one maybe two), and for a week seven t-shirts, seven polo shirts, seven shorts, and some long pants.  And I wear about half of it hahaha. 

That’s what I usually do but I’m really going to try to pare it down on the next trip.  

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

5 tops, 4 bottoms, 3 dresses, 3 shoes, 2 swimsuits, 2 accessories, 1 hat, 1 sunglasses

its an example and can be tweaked according to gender, destination, and style. I looked at my pieces and then made over 80 outfits. It’s a framework that works to make a capsule wardrobe for traveling. 

That’s very clever! 

• Like 1

It is funny we were upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi tub and I got the jets going in a circle and used that to wash our clothes.  I have seen several articles that we tend to wash our clothes too often.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/02/health/how-many-times-rewear-clothes-before-washing-wellness/index.html

Whether and how often to wash jeans can be a hot topic, since many people want to maintain the integrity of the fabric, which is usually stiffer and more durable than others. If jeans aren’t sweaty, dirty or stained, they don’t have to be washed often, Rossi said. “I personally don’t wash my jeans,” he added.

Mohammed recommended washing jeans monthly but acknowledged it depends on your lifestyle and environment.

“If somebody were to tell me that they were wearing their jeans for months on end and not washing them and they hadn’t had any problems with their skin or problems with odor, I wouldn’t see any problem at all,” Fenton said.

The most important questions you should ask yourself, experts say, when considering whether to wear something again without washing are these: Does it smell? Do I have any skin conditions, such as eczema, a rash or a skin lesion? Is it visibly dirty? Is it sweaty? Did I wear underwear with this?
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, SomewhereGirl said:

My last cruise I did carryon only for a 12-nighter.  Because of the flying, I bought larger size toiletries in the embarkation city.  Also, a huge zip lock back that stands up and can be filled up in the shower works well for smaller items instead of washing in the tiny cabin sink.

Counting on the free Platinum laundry in a few weeks.  Do people still tape the paper bag to prevent tearing when it's really stuffed?  

Seems like a lot of effort. I don’t want to spend my vacation time running around and paying “retail” prices toiletries (at home thing are only bought on sale) onlyntonthrownitnout to get back on a plane. And spending time to do wash in by bathroom sink. I pack enough to travel comfortably. And use the ship’s laundry.