Pursuit/Venture non-expedition cruise dress code?

voyager23

With the Seabourn expedition dress code understandably more casual than the rest of the fleet for dinners, does this stay consistent on some of the Pursuit and Venture's non-expedition cruises in the Caribbean and Europe, or do they have formal nights on these cruises?

I had dinner last night in the restaurant.

It was the first night on board for most.

Elegant casual.

Some were Elegant and some were Casual.

A lot of jackets for men,many made an effort and some women made an effort.

My wife and I were the best dressed of course.😀

I would say comfortable relaxing atmosphere.

Sushi in the club is a wonderful idea.

18.00-21.00 so you can have a pre dinner snack or have a meal here whilst listening to the guitarist or pianist.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I had dinner last night in the restaurant.

It was the first night on board for most.

Elegant casual.

Some were Elegant and some were Casual.

A lot of jackets for men,many made an effort and some women made an effort.

My wife and I were the best dressed of course.😀

I would say comfortable relaxing atmosphere.

Sushi in the club is a wonderful idea.

18.00-21.00 so you can have a pre dinner snack or have a meal here whilst listening to the guitarist or pianist.

Sushi in the club is easily my fav spot, at 20.30 there is hardly anyone and you can enjoy the space and great sushi all for yourself.

Do people show up for the live music in the Pursuit? Hardly anyone on the Venture but of course expedition sailings is more energy consuming than your average cruise and most people go to bed after dinner

2 minutes ago, Khareef said:

Sushi in the club is easily my fav spot, at 20.30 there is hardly anyone and you can enjoy the space and great sushi all for yourself.

Do people show up for the live music in the Pursuit? Hardly anyone on the Venture but of course expedition sailings is more energy consuming than your average cruise and most people go to bed after dinner

All places seem to be quiet.

The restaurant is the busiest place 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 12:27 AM, florisdekort said:

There are no formal nights on Venture and Pursuit regardless of the itinerary. 

The review of the Venture by Cruise Critic states in the dining section:

"Meals in The Restaurant are elegant, and the venue does have a daily dress code that passengers seemed to follow, including on Formal Night."

I hope you are correct and that CC is wrong. However, it would be helpful if someone could confirm either way.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/seabourn/seabourn-venture

28 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

The review of the Venture by Cruise Critic states in the dining section:

"Meals in The Restaurant are elegant, and the venue does have a daily dress code that passengers seemed to follow, including on Formal Night."

I hope you are correct and that CC is wrong. However, it would be helpful if someone could confirm either way.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/seabourn/seabourn-venture

Yeah no formal night on expedition ships. But most men will still wear a blazer on the main restaurant on the nights of the captain welcome/farewell.

So don't worry too much about it, nobody really goes to the Venture/Pursuit for the glamorous dinners...

12 minutes ago, Khareef said:

Yeah no formal night on expedition ships. But most men will still wear a blazer on the main restaurant on the nights of the captain welcome/farewell.

So don't worry too much about it, nobody really goes to the Venture/Pursuit for the glamorous dinners...

Thanks. Strangely, the CC review actually mentions in the pro and con section that formal nights are a con on the Venture. Perhaps that was because the TA and influencers on the ship during the inaurgal phase cruises were expected to dress up. 

18 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Thanks. Strangely, the CC review actually mentions in the pro and con section that formal nights are a con on the Venture. Perhaps that was because the TA and influencers on the ship during the inaurgal phase cruises were expected to dress up. 

I think they sent an email at the beginning of the year saying that after reviewing guests feedback they decided to kill the formal night event on both expeditions ship. So that review was correct back in the day but things have changed (thanks god because it made no sense on expedition ships)

4 minutes ago, Khareef said:

I think they sent an email at the beginning of the year saying that after reviewing guests feedback they decided to kill the formal night event on both expeditions ship. So that review was correct back in the day but things have changed (thanks god because it made no sense on expedition ships)

100% agree!! I mean, who needs a formal night in the Amazon? And the penguins should be the only ones wearing Tuxedos in the Antarctic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, commodoredave said:

100% agree!! I mean, who needs a formal night in the Amazon? And the penguins should be the only ones wearing Tuxedos in the Antarctic!

On one evening in the restaurant on Pursuit recently a Russian guy wore a shirt with a collar.

We had seen him around the ship and on the tender and we have also seen him on previous cruises.

We couldn't believe how good he looked with a shirt on.😀

• Haha 1

I was surprised to see several men in tuxes on special nites in the Restaurant on our recent Venture cruise in Greenland.  I haven't seen fancy gowns on SB in years but there was a young woman who wore floor-length gowns.  Her partner wasn't similarly attired but she looked great!  

36 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

I was surprised to see several men in tuxes on special nites in the Restaurant on our recent Venture cruise in Greenland.  I haven't seen fancy gowns on SB in years but there was a young woman who wore floor-length gowns.  Her partner wasn't similarly attired but she looked great!  

My wife always wears a dress every evening on a ship

The length and style differs to match the dress code.

We didn't see any tuxedos or evening dresses on our recent Pursuit cruise as we all knew that each evening was elegant casual.

No formal evenings on an expedition ship

18 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

what dates were you in Greenland?

On 9/16/2023 at 12:11 AM, commodoredave said:

When the ship was first launched, there were formal nights. Seabourn got rid of them about 9 months ago. 

• Like 1