Specialty Restaurant ordering limits (entrees understood)

Cruisegoer

So it's been a few years since I've cruised with Carnival but I just booked the Jubillee for next May.  I know that with the dining changes there is now a limit of 2 entrees in the MDR before a surcharge applies but looking at the specialty restaurants, specifically Rudi's and the Steakhouse, do they limit how many starters or desserts you may order? Multiple starters were previously allowed so for $48pp I'm curious.  Those with recent firsthand experience please let me know.  I appreciate you!

In the past its ONE entree, not 2 included. Though if you wanted a taste of another or didnt like what you got I'm sure a 2nd entree allowed. If 2 were allowed I would rather the large lobster and the largest fillet lol. Not the surf n turf. 

Maybe someone else can say if they ordered 2 entrees. You quoted something different, 2 lobsters in Mdr..doesnt necessarily apply to steak house.

I had a stellar waitstaff at Rudi's and I did ask for two appetizers and they were served to me with no problem.  Another night I liked the chef's sample so much and said so, they brought me two extra. Your mileage may vary, but I've found it never hurts to ask.

Funny story about deserts though.  I happened to cruise over my birthday.  While I was not surprised on my actual birthday that they brought me a "birthday desert" - but they did so EVERY evening of the cruise LOL.  And of course I had already ordered a desert of my choice, so there were two deserts every night.  Thankfully they made the second one to-go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

In the past its ONE entree, not 2 included. Though if you wanted a taste of another or didnt like what you got I'm sure a 2nd entree allowed. If 2 were allowed I would rather the large lobster and the largest fillet lol. Not the surf n turf. 

Maybe someone else can say if they ordered 2 entrees. You quoted something different, 2 lobsters in Mdr..doesnt necessarily apply to steak house.

I'm sorry I think you misread my OP, no where did I imply 2 entrees in a Specialty restaurant are allowed in my post. I specifically referred to 2 entrees being allowed in the MDR (Main Dining Room) before a $5 per entree surcharge is added.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

I'm sorry I think you misread my OP, no where did I imply 2 entrees in a Specialty restaurant are allowed in my post. I specifically referred to 2 entrees being allowed in the MDR (Main Dining Room) before a $5 per entree surcharge is added.

I thought you were asking if you could order more than one entree. The title asked about limits so I thought you meant how many of each could you order.

I didnt say you said you thought 2 were allowed. I simply answered I'm only aware of one being allowed. I didnt misread anything that I'm aware of.  .. was answering what i thought was the question. .. one entree.  .. though it seems odd you even  brought up 2 lobsters could be ordered in Mdr if you thought it might have no relevance.