Business Class upgrade?

CASHIPman

We’re booked on the shadow from San Francisco to Fiji in JAN24 and purchased the business class upgrade to/from Chicago. After we booked, the documentation said that business class is only on international sectors. 
(I booked directly with Silversea and the agent never mentioned that fact!)

Does anyone have any experience with this? If we’re flown Fiji-Hawaii-Chicago, will Hawaii-Chicago be in economy?

I’ll be less than happy if we shelled out nearly US$ 5K for most of the air to be flown in economy. 

3 hours ago, CASHIPman said:

We’re booked on the shadow from San Francisco to Fiji in JAN24 and purchased the business class upgrade to/from Chicago. After we booked, the documentation said that business class is only on international sectors. 
(I booked directly with Silversea and the agent never mentioned that fact!)

Does anyone have any experience with this? If we’re flown Fiji-Hawaii-Chicago, will Hawaii-Chicago be in economy?

I’ll be less than happy if we shelled out nearly US$ 5K for most of the air to be flown in economy. 

The Hawaii -- Chicago leg will be in domestic first class.  That has always been my experience with Silversea Business Class flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:10 AM, fdnycruiser said:

Get the locator number, pull up the reservation and you’ll know. Might want to choose your seats too.

The locator number is issued while the tickets still haven’t been issued. So no ability to select seats until tickets are actually paid for but SS, whether 60 days or more prior to travel.

4 hours ago, Port Power said:

The locator number is issued while the tickets still haven’t been issued. So no ability to select seats until tickets are actually paid for but SS, whether 60 days or more prior to travel.

My experience has been that once I had the locator number, I was able to pick the seat on the last three international cruise 6 to 8 months before the cruise and naturally before SS actually paid for the tickets.

• Thanks 1