Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Plenty of choice and I should have gone there. I witnessed not one,  but two scandals at the pub.

First I tried to verify the salt and pepper situation and to my dismay, there were neither available. 

As if that was not bad enough, take note of my baked macaroni plating.

20231017_131204.thumb.jpg.615ec994b4e58a4e12ad36c85f051fbf.jpg

The blue bowl was placed on a red plate 😲 😱. My mom's was correctly plated red matching red but mine was sloppily put together and not one person caught it before serving me this way.

Disgraceful. 

Shocking, and are those chips behind in a white dish? Worse and worse.

As to the cruets, there was a famous and excellent restaurant in London in the 1980s, where the proprietor, Nico Ladenis, never put salt and pepper on the table, and sometimes threw people out for asking for them, on the grounds his dishes were perfectly seasoned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I am incredulous. 🙂

In my defense, they got cold since everything came at once. 

19 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

As to the cruets, there was a famous and excellent restaurant in London in the 1980s, where the proprietor, Nico Ladenis, never put salt and pepper on the table, and sometimes threw people out for asking for them, on the grounds his dishes were perfectly seasoned.

The chips were part of another dish, sloppy photographer. He is next to get reported on. 

I almost never season my food. Sometimes if the eggs are bland I'll add some hot sauce. Hot sauce makes everything better.

But a chef so full of himself to tell customers how to enjoy their food. Not for me 😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I don't know exactly how long that was going to go on for. It was popular but just not for me. 

I am wrapping up my evening now. 

Tomorrow is Naples and the plan is to walk around and sightsee after my mom explores the shopping opportunities. I might do the hop on hop off bus if it's not too busy. The one in Malaga was ok because I beat the crowds, but Barcelona was a mad house.

Good night everyone. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

There are multiple restaurants like that in the Bay Area.   But usually they are perfectly seasoned.  🙂

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't know exactly how long that was going to go on for. It was popular but just not for me. 

Tomorrow is Naples and the plan is to walk around and sightsee after my mom explores the shopping opportunities. I might do the hop on hop off bus if it's not too busy. The one in Malaga was ok because I beat the crowds, but Barcelona was a mad house.

Good night everyone. 

Try to go to the archeological museum in central Naples. All the Pompeii stuff is there. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

In my defense, they got cold since everything came at once. 

The chips were part of another dish, sloppy photographer. He is next to get reported on. 

I almost never season my food. Sometimes if the eggs are bland I'll add some hot sauce. Hot sauce makes everything better.

But a chef so full of himself to tell customers how to enjoy their food. Not for me 😆 

i never went there but it really was a much enjoyed restaurant, with excellent, admirably seasoned, food.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Good night everyone. 

If you are walking, beware the traffic in Naples - and I speak as one who is unworried in London or New York.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kmb4567 said:

Tell your Mom that Wolf Run is one of my favorite slots.

She just loves the doggies 😆 

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If you are walking, beware the traffic in Naples - and I speak as one who is unworried in London or New York.

So it sounds like I may need the hop on hop off.

• Like 4