Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

After I got my mile in I rewarded myself with another pina colada.

20230911_132938.thumb.jpg.8656b128a6002d27adeac0ad4428c362.jpg

this took easily 15 minutes to get. I said I wasn't gonna write in an extra tip but I'm a softie and did anyway. This was at tides bar which is usually less slammed than the main pool bars but that wasn't the case. The bartenders were hustling but did a poor job waiting on us in order.

I should have spoke up but didn't want to be that guy.

• Like 9

No nap for me I'm just not tired but the room is very comfy for sleeping. Nice and cool and the bed is very comfortable. This will do real nice.

I don't have a plug by my bed even though my mom's room does. I was able to reach the extra hidden outlet behind the TV so I could have my phone charging and my fan running at the same time.

I'm hoping I can burn the midnight oil tonight without my mid-day nap 😴

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This might be the earliest I've ever had the safety briefing. The ship is really rattling and I'm pretty far forward and not on a low deck. One of the worst vibrations I've experienced and I don't remember this from January.

I'm gonna sit out sailaway as this bed is so darn comfy and I was not expecting to pull out so soon. This bed is going to be dangerous and I know not to lay down in it in the evening unless I want to be sucked into an early nights sleep. Seriously, so comfy.

• Like 4

Just met Stuart. Seems nice. His smile sank a little when I asked for evening service which is usual. I'll keep my snoozing sign on in the morning until I'm out and about anyway but I tend to find they are not crazy about evening service and tend to get some pushback on it.

Only other request was one extra pillow.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

OK this room just earned its first demerit. It's right above the theater and oh boy it is VERY loud. 

I'm on the move now anyway but hoping for no early  am rehearsals. 

Doesn't the CD do a Morning Show from the theatre that is televised on the ship?😲

That drink was very strong. I nursed the h e double hockey sticks out of it.

Took a shower and I feel a little rejuvenated now. Really hoping I rally.

I won $100 at the spa raffle. First time that ever happened. I donated it to my mom she may give it back if she doesn't use it. I need a haircut 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Stopped by pixels for my gift. Happy to get the fanny pack since I haven't got one yet. My last carnival cruise was in January where I got my 328th can koozie (always appreciative though).

I'm not saying the pixels guy gave each of us an extra pin, but I'm not saying he didn't either. 

Very nice. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Just met Stuart. Seems nice. His smile sank a little when I asked for evening service which is usual. I'll keep my snoozing sign on in the morning until I'm out and about anyway but I tend to find they are not crazy about evening service and tend to get some pushback on it.

Only other request was one extra pillow.

I prefer evening service as well.  You're right, they aren't crazy about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I prefer evening service as well.  You're right, they aren't crazy about it.

It's so weird. It's happening on royal since they switched to once a day as well and while I could never work the hours they do, I don't really ever see them doing anything but standing around in the evening.

• Like 1