Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

5 minutes ago, Ciaranaman said:

Late to the ride and have loads of catching up to do!  Looks like an amazing journey to follow along with!  Excited for you and your mom!

~Bernadette

You still have lots and lots of time to catch up 😄. Thanks for following along.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Wow.  So sorry.  Glad this is a long vacation for you and hope you have lots of good days ahead.

Thank you. Agreed if this was only five days I would be bummed. Many royal ships diverted to western and I find myself wishing we had done the same.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:13 PM, jam19872016 said:

This might be the earliest I've ever had the safety briefing. The ship is really rattling and I'm pretty far forward and not on a low deck. One of the worst vibrations I've experienced and I don't remember this from January.

I'm gonna sit out sailaway as this bed is so darn comfy and I was not expecting to pull out so soon. This bed is going to be dangerous and I know not to lay down in it in the evening unless I want to be sucked into an early nights sleep. Seriously, so comfy.

The rattling should come w/some rocking/rolling (softer version of the vibrations), so you should be able to just "rock" to sleep!! Comfy bed it becomes like an adult crib, lol.

Enjoy!!

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

You need to get some Bonine to help that sea sickness!

I second this! I don't often get seasick but there was one day last year on Mardi Gras we had some rough weather. Fortunately my DIL had some Bonine ginger pills and it worked great. I only had to take one that day but now I take a box on every cruise just in case. We live on the beach in Cape Canaveral and the waves are pretty big right now. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

The rattling should come w/some rocking/rolling (softer version of the vibrations), so you should be able to just "rock" to sleep!! Comfy bed it becomes like an adult crib, lol.

Enjoy!!

My bed is oriented the wrong direction I think I've read that impacts the rocking sensation. Not sure if that's the case but it's certainly not comforting lol. It's also not really a rocking but rather an up and down sensation as the ships goes over the waves. 

26 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

So pretty!!

Yes it was. Would love to be enjoying another right now.

• Like 2