Superior deluxe balcony Britannia

cruisingiscool

DH and I were suckered into booking a superior deluxe balcony whilst booking onboard during a past cruise. I have only just realised ! In days gone by there was a bottle of wine in the room on embarkation., possibly to make up for the noise from the Lido deck. Is this still the case?  

31 minutes ago, cruisingiscool said:

Is this still the case?  

It's really just a matter of educating the staff who clean the decks, move the loungers around and restock the bars, in the 'earlyish' hours of the morning.

We had a problem being woken up on our last cruise in that area and a word with reception sort of resolved it for most of the remainder of the cruise. However there is no way that anyone can educate the passengers dragging chairs and loungers around during the day!! 

We were offered earplugs but declined.

Good luck.

Edit: I don't remember any wine but we did have a bottle of champagne, fresh fruit and the occasional plate of, inedible, canapés.

Edited by Pine Man

29 minutes ago, cruisingiscool said:

DH and I were suckered into booking a superior deluxe balcony whilst booking onboard during a past cruise. I have only just realised ! In days gone by there was a bottle of wine in the room on embarkation., possibly to make up for the noise from the Lido deck. Is this still the case?  

We got :

More space

Bottle of fizz

Bar of Chocolate

2 tellies with 2 remotes. Good for winding up DW.

We didn’t experience noise in the Superior Deluxe on the Britannia: they are great rooms, plus there is a curtain separating the bedroom and lounge which is handy if one of you wants a nap or wants to go to bed earlier etc.

We got champagne, robes, slippers, chocolate, fruit, and appetisers on celebration night: although I don’t know if the latter two have stopped now as we didn’t get those on our recent Ventura SD.

We had D114 on Ventura and hated it so avoid those port side near the front. Horrible and not worth the upgrade. For us a larger cabin made us feel further away from the sea and it was dark and grim. The shower was over the bath hubby did a limbo every night ........

On 9/7/2023 at 12:44 PM, cruisingiscool said:

You get the champagne, etc as these cabins on Princess are Mini suites. On P&O you still get the goodies but without the early embarkation. I assume because there are too many of them. Certainly on Ventura all of the balcony’s on D deck are of this type.