Pirate's LIVE and Back On The Mardi Gras Sept 16-23, 2023...Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!

pirate4me2

On 10/1/2023 at 8:38 PM, pirate4me2 said:

The water was not clear at all, I honestly don’t know how you’d see anything to snorkel. It’s got lots of pieces of seaweed and was just…I don’t want to say icky, especially since I spent all day in it in a float, but it’s not appealing. I wouldn’t put my head in it. They do have an opening in the little barrier they’ve constructed that you can go thru, a few people when we were there kayaked thru it, im not sure how the water might be out there. 
Even tho the water was not beautiful tho, I enjoyed my time at Maya Chan and would go back. Top notch service, excellent lunch, and just a super relaxing day. 

Thanks. I’ve heard very good things about it, but having been to Costa Maya previously, I was unsure why snorkeling was even offered. Thought the water might be clearer where Maya Chan is. I have a newbie coming with me and want to be sure to manage expectations.

I had read up to page 4 but wanted to “save” the rest of your cruise! It’s a gorgeous Indian summer day here at my lake summer camp in the Adirondack’s so I’ve sat the past hour and read the rest of your review and had a very enjoyable afternoon! Maybe not as good as reading a book on a ships balcony, but great anyway! I LOVE those Caribbean coladas. Hard to find on the ships I’ve been on.  Thanks for taking me along and enjoy your next countdown! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I had read up to page 4 but wanted to “save” the rest of your cruise! It’s a gorgeous Indian summer day here at my lake summer camp in the Adirondack’s so I’ve sat the past hour and read the rest of your review and had a very enjoyable afternoon! Maybe not as good as reading a book on a ships balcony, but great anyway! I LOVE those Caribbean coladas. Hard to find on the ships I’ve been on.  Thanks for taking me along and enjoy your next countdown! 

Thanks for reading along! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheer25mom said:

@pirate4me2, great review! We will be back on the Mardi Gras in 6 weeks. Cannot wait! Would you happen to know what musicians are currently onboard, particularly the jazz trio and piano bar? 

Thank you!

Hans was the piano bar entertainer, but I don’t know who the jazz trio is (if there was one). I know the string trio onboard was phenomenal! 

Hello, did you dine in the Palm restaurant, MDR? We go on MG in Feb and I like the look of Palm and also its traditional dining, late seating. Do you know if we can still get to go to specialty restaurants if we want as well?  I keep going back and forth, thought I read to eat specialty you can only dine in the flamingo dining room.?

thanks, loving your review! We are also staying at the Home 2 suites. 

On 10/7/2023 at 10:13 PM, kmp70 said:

Hello, did you dine in the Palm restaurant, MDR? We go on MG in Feb and I like the look of Palm and also its traditional dining, late seating. Do you know if we can still get to go to specialty restaurants if we want as well?  I keep going back and forth, thought I read to eat specialty you can only dine in the flamingo dining room.?

thanks, loving your review! We are also staying at the Home 2 suites. 

Hey there!

I believe we were in the Palm dining room for YTD. If you have set dining, you can still go to Cucina, ChiBang, but have to wait until 7:30 to check in to them.