Bikini wax pros and cons wanted...?

Oh, my goodness, I do not look forward to that at all:eek:.

Gotcha on that one..Neither did I. My mama always told me....HA!

Apparently, if you live long enough, it happens to most women.....and. I gotta tell ya, this waxing thread is keeping me in hysterics!

I can hardly wait for the next remedy! WHOOOO

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely wear a bathing suit, and I'm a BIG baby. I found this tip on this site years ago and love this stuff. In the hair care section (Walmart, etc.) look for "Magic--cream shave (depilatory) formulated exclusively for black men." You put it on legs & bikini area, let it sit 6 to 9 minutes (I usually clean the bathroom ;) and then scrape it off (I use an old credit card). Granted, I'm a redhead so hair is light-colored, but it really does work, is soft and smooth, and lasts well over a week.

I rarely wear a bathing suit, and I'm a BIG baby. I found this tip on this site years ago and love this stuff. In the hair care section (Walmart, etc.) look for "Magic--cream shave (depilatory) formulated exclusively for black men." You put it on legs & bikini area, let it sit 6 to 9 minutes (I usually clean the bathroom ;) and then scrape it off (I use an old credit card). Granted, I'm a redhead so hair is light-colored, but it really does work, is soft and smooth, and lasts well over a week.

It doesn't burn? If you tell me it doesn't burn I'm buying stock in the company and a years supply.

Nope, it doesn't burn me and I have sensitive skin. I usually leave it on for ten minutes. You should do a test patch first, but I think it's the best thing since someone decided legs (etc.) should be hairless! A pal liked it but didn't like standing around ten minutes waiting to scrape it off. Like tettering in the shower with water spotted glasses and a razor is better?

I have a large sized friend (quite fluffy) who just had a Brazilian and she's raving now. She said it was not that bad and the woman did not say a thing about her size. She is also African American and claims it's not real common in her community to get a bikini wax. No comments about that either. She claims she felt very comfortable. I'm trying to get her to start posting here, since she's a cruise fanatic.

It doesn't burn? If you tell me it doesn't burn I'm buying stock in the company and a years supply.

I think there was a thread on Magic powder a while back that discussed the different points on this product:

Found it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=318129&highlight=magic+powder

As for a Brazilian...it isn't as bad as one may think, and so worth it.

Have a glass of wine afterwards and no worries :)

~e

MrsRed,

Queenofclutter said it was a creme, not a powder.

So which is it? Enquiring minds need to know!

I was just so proud of myself for remembering it was Magical and it removed hair with credit cards!

~e

I was just so proud of myself for remembering it was Magical and it removed hair with credit cards!

~e

LOL!!! Who could forget that???

I wonder if one gets better results with the Black AMEX card than with the green one???? :D

Archived